Chapter 14 - The Act of Deception

Rimuru Pov

That was fun.

Sitting while the teacher discussed her lesson in front of us, I started recalling the events that took place earlier.

*{Ciel. Do you think that kushida would still betray us?}

{There is a high possibility of that.}

*{I see.}

She's probably right though. Kushida only agreed to work with me because I have the footage of her attempting to kill me. So I guess she won't try anything for the time being.

*{Well in any case, I'll use kushida to my entertainment until my threat wears off.}

She'd probably try something stupid again.

{As you wish. I'll inform you Master if anything goes wrong.}

*{Thank you.}

Hmm. Now what? Should I add another student on my deck? If so, then who's the best candidate in here?

Kushida, Ayanakouji, Horikita and even Koenji have an innate talents as an honor students. There are also some students who excel in different ways so it's a kind of laughable to think that those guys are part of Class D.

This school doesn’t evaluate students by their talents and academic performance alone. They even included their flaws in the evaluation.

I smiled as I observed the class. Everyone was now diligently taking notes and almost everyone is present. When I turned my eyes on the door, I saw Koenji who is sitting casually like he's at home on the chair.

Looks like I found my new target.

Kushida will now work for me whether she liked it or not. But her alone is not enough for me so i was set on finding another person I can include on my little plans.

*{Ciel. Do you think we can get Koenji to work with us too?}

{That's going to be a hard if Master doesn't use any supernatural intervention.}

Supernatural Intervention?

*{When you say Supernatural Intervention, did you mean to use thought guidance on him?}

If it's the case, then that would be boring isn't it?

I know that what I've been doing is really unfair but I'm not that cruel enough to change the will of one person by using supernatural power that doesn't even exist in this world.

{Yes. But if Master doesn't like the idea, we can just do it in normal way.}

*{If there's a way that we can get him to our side without the use of mind spell or something then that's a win for me.}

{As your wish.}

I'm not really against manipulation but using such overpowered skill to make it easy will just going to be boring for me..

I mean, where is even the fun in that?

After thinking of ways to proceed with my entertainment, the lunch break was called and most of the students left the classroom. I approached the boys who Kiyo talked about earlier and gave them a friendly smile that i could make.

"Sudou-kun, do you have a moment?"

When I called out to sudou, he turned towards me with a surprised look on his face. It seems like he doesn't expect to get called by me out of nowhere so his reaction was in the state of shock.