Chapter 22

The next morning Matty got up before jules, he made his way out on the balcony to smoke a cigarette in hopes that it would calm his growing nerves about telling Julie that he loved her. He was nervous she wouldn't say it back or that she would hate the song, both he knew were most likely untrue, but he couldn't get out of his head.

After finishing his cigarette he went back inside to check on her, seeing she was still peacefully sleeping, he placed a quick kiss on her forehead, then grabbed his journal and headed back outside.

Once he was sat and got himself situated, which just consisted of him lighting another cigarette and sipping the coffee he brewed from the shifty coffee machine that was in the room. He opened his journal and went to the last page he wrote in. Matty had been working on different songs for the upcoming album through out the entirety of the tour, mainly because he had his muse, julie, with him. He knew the songs may sound repetitive but he was in love so his songs were bound to reflect that. The current song he was working on was 'Happiness', that was just the working title he had but he felt it would probably end up being the final title as well.

"She showed me what love is, I'm acting like I know myself, oh incase you didn't notice, oh oh i would go blind just to see you i'd go too far just to have you near, in my soul i got this feeling" he sang quietly to himself. He knew the basis of the song but didn't have all the words yet, which meant he was stuck trying to find a chorus for the song , that was until he looked at the sleeping girl.

"My my my , you mind my mind, oh my my my , she's insatiable thats what she is" he sang, and quickly jotted that down, "her bodies like a modern art take it out infront of me" matty smirked when he wrote those lyrics down.

He recalls the first time they slept together, she was so nervous to show off her body to him, but when she did he kept telling her how it was a piece of art. After a few more minutes of thinking and writing down lyrics to the song, matty finally felt that he had a good foundation for the song and would run it by the rest of the band to see what they thought of it.

Just as he was about to turn to the next page and look at another draft he had for a different song, he heard stirring behind him, he immediately turned around and headed back inside to check up on his sleepy girlfriend.

When he walked over to the bed he saw her eyes beginning to flutter open, " hey baby, did you sleep well?" matty asked, gently stroking her cheek. Jules nodded her head and leaned up to meet his lips, " you're cute" he commented after she kissed him. "I love your curls in the morning, how they're all over the place" she giggled, slowly running her hand through his messy curls, if it was one weakness jules had, it was mattys curls.

"Thank you love, you know I keep it extra curly just for you, I stopped using so much gel, because i know how much you like the natural hair" he chuckled, " natural makes you look sexy" she giggled and kisses him again, before getting out of bed.

"You ready for the show today?" jules asked as she went to brush her teeth, matty followed her into the bathroom and said "Yeah it should be fun! I'm excited to play your home town". "I'm excited too! you know it's funny, all the girls who used to bully me in highschool, dmd me to ask for tickets or to see how I was doing, but then they would ask for tickets" she chuckled, "Yeah that's crazy, it's funny how people switch up that fast", jules nodded her head, agreeing with him.

"But besides that, I'm so excited! Charli and Carly said they needed to see me after the show, not sure what its for but they said I have to wait and see, don't know why they can't just tell me now" she said. Matty stood there thinking of the next thing he should say, he was nervous he was going to blow the surprise and just tell her in the bathroom of their hotel room, how much he loved her.