Chapter 36

It had been a month since jules and matty had last seen eachother, after her chat with george, ross, and adam, jules felt more hopeful for the future.

She was now back on tour with the driver era, as they had just released their new album, speaking of new albums, jules was kicking herself for the fact she had still yet to listen to the 1975's new album, but little did she know she'd get the opportunity soon to not only hear the new album but see the songs live. 

It was a cold morning in Vancouver, and jules had just been woken up by her phone ringing loudly, she quickly grabbed it off the night stand and answered. "Hello?" she spoke into the receiver, "Hey jules!" carlys soft voice said back, "Carly! Hey how are you?!" jules responded, excited to hear her friends voice again. "I'm good! I heard you're in Vancouver and so are we! The boys are preforming tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to come? I'm featured on one of their new songs and I'm going to sing my part for the first time live and I'm super nervous about it and I would really love if you were in the audience to see it" carly responded, nearly out of breath from all the information she had just given.

"Oh my god of course! I have the day off and would love to see you perform! What time is the show?" jules said, excitement clear in her voice, "It starts at 8! But if you wanna get here earlier maybe around 6 that would be great!" carly responded. "Sounds good! Ahh i'm so excited to see you perform Carly! I'll see you at six!" jules responded back, "See you then! Love you!" carly said, "Love you too!" jules responded, then the two hung up.

Just as she was about to put her phone back, it instantly rang again, she quickly picked it up "Jaime?" she asked, confused on why he would be calling her this early, "Jules, hey! So sorry to wake up, but I'm in a bit of a situation here and I need your help" jaime said, desperation clear in his voice. "Yeah of course, whats up" jules asked, slightly concerned, "Well Matty he broke up with jade, and it was messy, i swear this boy is the reason for my gray hairs" jaime chuckled softly on the other line, " and since it was messy, well I had to fire her, since she slapped matty and then threatened both him and the band, so for their safety i had to let her go, plus she was getting into fights with fans and I can't have that."

"Wow, sounds crazy" jules responded, trying her best not to break out into laughter, "So the reason I called you was to ask if you'd maybe consider coming back to work for the 1975, the boys miss you and once they found out about matty and jade, they practically begged me to call you and ask if you'd join us on tour, I would owe you big time jules, and don't worry about the driver era, I'll have Melissa take over for you if you decide to join us" jaime said.

Jules was quiet for a bit, quickly going though all the options in her head, "Jaime I'd love to join you guys, I miss my boys!" she said, as soon as she said that, she heard jaime let out a sigh of relief. "You're my savior Julie thank you" he said, "Of course, but is it ok if I start after tonights show? Carly invited me to watch her preform and I want to be in the audience for that" jules asked, "Yeah of course! I'll see you tonight!" jaime said, "See you tonight!" she responded, and the two quickly hung up

Fast Forward to the show

The boys were about to go onstage any mintue now, and jules was anxious to see them all preform live again, but she was most excited to see carly's stage debut.

Earlier in the night, her and carly were able to finally catch up about everything, and jules told her how she'd be joining the boys back on tour. She had yet to tell the boys though, she wanted to wait till after the show to surprise them with the news.

Soon the lights went out and the roar of the crowd got louder. Jules felt the familiar feeling of butterflies in her stomach as she watched the man she loved come on stage and sit infront of the piano, slowly beginning to play the opening cords to the first song.

The next song the band played was one off the new album, it was called 'Happiness' and jules's face turned a light shade of pink when she heard the lyrics and realized the song was about her, she remembers matty softly singing it to her when he thought she was asleep.

She danced around to the catchy tune, feeling the rhyming of the music, that was until a familiar set of brown eyes met hers. Matty smiled as he saw her dancing to the song, she had stopped when they made eye contact, but then she sent him a quick wink and went back to dancing as he went back to singing.

It was about mid-way through the show, and jules was already absolutely obsessed with every new song she had heard so far, the boys were amazing as ever and it made her happy to know she'd be with them for the rest of the tour.

Soon the opening cords to the next song began to play, and jules realized that this was the song carly was coming out for. As matty began to sing, he looked over in her direction, making eye contact with her as he sang the lyrics 'Do you think I have forgotten about you?" . Jules froze, confused on what he was implying, but soon it became clear to her what he meant, this song was about their relationship and how he hadn't forgotten about her, he still loved her.

She quickly rushed to the side of the stage where mark was, he gave her a quick smile as he let her pass through and stand next to him. Soon she saw carlys figure walk onto the stage, and heard matty say "Ladies and Gentlemen you know who it is", the crowd went wild as carly began to sing. Jules was so mesmerized by how anglic carlys voice was that she didn't notice matty walking towards her. Mark slightly tapped her shoulder, and pointed to the curly hair boy infront of her.

"This is for you, I love you Julie" he mouthed to her, happy tears made their way down her cheeks as she mouth back "I love you too" and blew him a kiss, which he caught.

Skip to after the show

Jules was walking towards the bathroom backstage, she had just finished congratulating carly and talking to jaime, when she felt someone grab her wrist and pull her into a closet.

"Julie" matty said, as he embraced the girl,  "Matty you're giving me flashbacks to the last time you dragged me into a closet" she chuckled. Matty laughed softly, "yeah, I remember that night" he smiled just thinking about, "So what did you drag me in here for" she asked. "Jules I've been a total wreck since we broke up, I regret it every day I can't believe how stupid I was to let you go, I'm sorry" he said, jules's face softened when she heard his words "I know matty, i forgive you" she said, as she grabbed his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

" I hope you know I broke up with her, because I'm so hopelessly in love with you Julie foreman, you're all I think about everyday I never want to be apart from you again, you're the love of my life Foreman, please be with me again" matty said as he pulled her closer to him and tucked a stray curl behind her ear.

Jules could feel her heart beating out of her chest as looked up at him, "Oh matty" she said, then pulled him into a passionate kiss. She threw her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss, she had thought about this day forever, and couldn't believe it was actually happening. "I'm going to take that as a yes then" matty chuckled, as the two pulled away from the kiss and rested their foreheads against eachother.

"Yes" she giggled and pulled him back in for a quick kiss, "Theres something I wanna tell you though" , a big grin spread across her face, "i'm going back on tour with you guys" she responded. "No fucking way! Jules thats amazing" he said, pulling her in for another kiss, "You don't understand how happy that makes me" matty said, "I'm glad, now what do you say about me and you celebrating privately together, maybe in my hotel room" she offered, matty eagerly nodded his head " of course love, can't wait to take this little number off of you" he said, referring to the silk dress she was wearing.

"I wore it just for you baby, and uh i'm not wearing anything under it" she smirked as she grabbed his hand and led him out the door. "You're going to be the death of me foreman" matty chuckled as the two made their way out of the venue and back to her hotel.