Chapter 29

The band had now made their way to Birmingham, it had been a good couple of weeks for both the band and the young couple. Matty had not left jules's side since the incident, he didn't want mess up again, in fear of losing her.

But that feeling of worry had started to reappear more and more as the days passed. Jules could tell something was up with matty, he wasn't as affectionate to her as he usually was. So when they arrived at the hotel room, she decided to confront him on the matter.

"Matty we need to talk" she said as she took a seat on the bed, matty nodded his head and sat down next to her. "What's going on matty? I feel like we're drifting apart" she sighed, trying to hold her composure, in all honesty her heart was breaking realizing this might be the end. Matty sighed and ran his hand through his curls "Jules i-i think we should break up". As soon as those words left his mouth, the whole world around her seemed to stop. "W-what? " was the only response the girl could think of at the moment, as she tried to process what he had just said to her. "Jules I love you I do, but well i-i have started to have feelings for someone else" he said, mumbling the last part.

Silent tears ran down julies faces as she processed the new set of words he just spoke, " Y-you promised she wouldn't come between us you fucking promised!" she responded, her voice raising slightly. "You're a liar matty healy, a fucking liar I hate you" she spit, she quickly got up and grabbed her things, quickly making her way to the door. Just as she was about to turn the handle, she felt his hand on her wrist, she quickly spun around and yanked her wrist from his grasp "Don't you fucking touch me matthew, go have fun with jade, I never want to see you again" she responded, at this point the flood gates had opened in her eyes and tears streamed down her face.

"Jules you don't mean that, please you know I love you darling" matty pleaded, "If you really loved me matty you wouldn't have fallen for her, and don't call me darling" she snapped back. With that she turned back around and walked out the door, not once looking back at him, she knew she couldn't work with him anymore, so she decided to do the one thing she thought was best.

"Hey jaime" Jules replied as he opened the door, "Hey jules, everything ok?" he asked, concerned. "Matty and I are no longer, I know it's unprofessional to ask this but is it possible to have a new assignment?" she asked, hoping he'd say yes.

Jamie's face softened when he heard of the break up, "Oh jules I'm so sorry, and of course, I'll have you go to the band that jade was supposed to go with, she'll stay here and you'll go meet them back in london, I'll get you a bus ticket and tell them you'll meet with them tomorrow" he said, then pulled the shaking girl into a hug. "Take care of yourself jules, and let me know if you need anything ok?", jules nodded her head and gave jaime one last hug before leaving and making her way to lobby.

Once she arrived at the bus station, she quickly found her coach and boarded. She propped her head against the window, looking out at the gray sky, which was crying, just like she was.

The vibration of her phone brought her out of her trance, she looked down to see who had texted her, it was matty he was wondering where she had went, she quickly deleted the message and put her phone on silent, hoping to tune out the world for the next couple hours.

As she stared out the window she thought back to first time her and matty met, if only she knew it would have led to the worst heartbreak of her life.

A/N : this was literally so bad i'm so sorry 😭