[EP.5.1] To know you better

"Aughhh-" Arlesk let out a growl before waking up from his sleep, he looked next to him at the cabinet where he place his helmet and armor ornaments.

He has slept for a few hours only in a sitting position, for Marines, this is more than enough. He picked up his helmet and armor ornaments and then head outside. It is still too early in the morning and the sun won't rise anytime soon, the only thing he can do now is sleep or try to, patrol, hunting down the bandits from yesterday or guarding the village.

As he struggled to leave the door, he was caught by one of the guarding villagers.

"Who's there!" The villager shouts as he shines his lantern but then realizes it's Arlesk "Apologies', I thought you were-"

"It is fine," Arlesk answered as he finally made it out "Do not fret."

"Umm... If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing at this sort of time?"

"I came out to help you in guarding this village."

"Thank you, but are you sure you're well-rested enough to guard till dusk?"

"I am a Space Marine, I only need 4 or fewer hours to sleep, rest assured I am more than well-rested enough to proceed."

"Ok then, thank you Sir..."

"Arlesk, Arlesk Kamenex."

The villager nodded before he made a return to his post, while Arlesk do a patrol around the village, he dived into the darkened forest using wraith-slip to not be detected.

As he pulls countless laps for hours he couldn't count, he considers returning. But then he spotted movement in the distance, he quickly and silently moves forward to find who is there only to find a group of fleeing bandits who had returned for revenge.

"C'mon, where is he?" One of the bandits asks.

"Should be here- Ah there!" His comrade replied by pointing to a scout who came running back.

"So?"

"Only some guard with second-rated spears, we can outmatch them," The scout looked back into the distance "And no sign of the giant, it probably left"

"Good, oh that bitch, how dare she killed Tyrak just like that!"

"Tell me about it, when we ransack that village again. Oooooh I will make her sorry."

"Yeah, I'll bring them goodies back at the camp, you can do whatever you want next." Another bandit said with a smirk on his face.

"Woooheee, Hey did you see that colored-hair hag at the crowd back there?"

"Ooh yeah, they related?"

"Yes, they are." The scout answered in confirmation.

"You know, for a hag, she looks mighty fine." A bandit commented while gesturing his axe.

"Tell me about it, she must have a lot of experience then."

Arlesk flicks more and more as he musters enough energy to wipe them all quickly.

"Alrighty, we can live through our fantasy later, now let's go before that giant buss us again.

"Speaking of which, where is it anyway-" The bandit was caught off, as Arlesk's hand emerge from the darkness as he seem manifest. Choking him and raising him high, before he utters, with his amplified terror-like voice "To death, filth." As he revved his chainsword and crack the neck of the bandit.

"I-it's him!" A bandit screams out as Arlesk cut through him.

2 more were cut down as they tried to charge at him with their spears.