[EP.9] A Deal for You and Me

A Few Days has Passed

Ajax was doing a quest alone, It had been 2 days since he had completed his first quest and now it was his sixth in his third day. Originally, his quest was to check the cave and find rumored buried treasure in a cave, but he found himself in another trap set up by the Black Faction.

He was surrounded by bandits, all aiming their weapons at him.

"Surrender yourself!" One of the bandits shouted, "You are surrounded!"

Ajax looked around him to see the number of bandits surrounding him, he shook his head, "I am not surrounded." He revved his chainaxe, its sounds made the bandits flinch before Ajax began walking to the fore. "You delivered yourself to my gore."

After a short session of fighting, Ajax returns to town to the Adventurers Guild, The townsfolks are still not used to seeing a giant warrior passing in their town, with a terrible teeth weapon and armor themed like a serpent. He entered the Adventurers Guild and walked up to the receptionist to whom he explained what happened and wondered if he would still get paid.

"I'm sorry Adventurer," The receptionist apologized to the Space Marine in front of her, "But we can't award you for the false Quest."

Ajax looked at her, he felt as if he was cheated. The receptionist was feeling uncomfortable by the stare but before she could say anything, Ajax left, leaving her letting out a huge sigh of relief.

"Sir Ajax," Anthony called out to him while he was about to leave, Ajax turned around to see Anthony sitting nearby.

Ajax nodded and replied, "Hideur."

Athony motions his hand to invite Ajax for a talk and he goes to his table and kneels to reach eye level. Anthony chugged down his drink before asking, "So, how's the Adventurers' life?"

"Slow," Ajax bluntly answered. He didn't even elaborate any further and just ended there.

"You're not a talkative lot aren't ya?" Athony put his drinks aside. Ajax simply shook his head and did not say a single word. "Good lords," Athony murmurs to himself.

The atmosphere became eerily awkward, between the experienced adventurer and the introverted Space Marine.

Athony sighed before getting, "I best be going now."

Ajax nodded and simply let Athony go. Kyron and friends were watching from the corner as they watched how socially shut off he was.

"Well, Ajax is simply built like a brick wall huh?" Yures commented to his friends.

"Oh yeah," Kyron agreed with Yures's comment. "I wouldn't be surprised if he is a pile of bricks in a mask."

"Oh don't think like that," Nevetalli replied thinking in a more positive light, "I believe he just needed someone to talk to."

"Oh Nevetalli," Said Valentine as she patted Nevetalli's back, "You're such a pure soul."

Nevetalli pouts at Valentine's gesture, while Irand simply laughs in response, "So, which one of us is talking to him?"

The other party members were silent or did not even show any sign of volunteering. "You guys are mean." Nevetalli sighs before she takes one for the team.

She walked around the corner to Ajax as he was about to leave, "Sir Ajax!"

Ajax stopped on his track and turned around, he spotted the young woman running towards him, she looked past her to see the others watching her.

Nevetalli does the politest gesture of giving him a light bow, "Good day, Sir Ajax."

Ajax nodded, "Good Day." After uttering a mere two words, the atmosphere returns to one of dire awkwardness. What prevented the both of them from drifting into the Void of pure awkwardness was Nevetalli's eagerness to talk to him.