4. Dragons get bored too

Exiting the Chief's security room, you continue your way to reach what seems to be more of the server room, with one key difference.

'Wow...' you think with awe.

Green crystals...everywhere! On the floor, on the walls, even the ceiling! Every single one of them extends from the black goo. You can't but gaze at the crystals in wonder...how do these crystals work? You have seen one from that device the Chief wolf was using. Do they grow them using black latex?

You look down to see the very black goo you are stepping on, pondering about the strange properties it has. Every creature you have met is made with this...latex.

You lift your foot, taking note of how it seems to stick to your foot before snapping back to the floor. You note how it does seem to function something akin to latex. It's an...odd name to give it but it somehow feels right. Way better than just referring to these things as 'goo'.

Latex or not...whatever this thing or these creatures are called doesn't matter, what matters is getting your answers and getting out of this building alive.

With newfound vigour, you press on. Along the way, you notice some oddly placed cones by a vent near one of the servers. Suddenly, thuds can be heard as something crawls closer and closer to the vent. White goo then starts pouring through it as a figure begins to form. It's a white pup!

The pup immediately sees you and barks in excitement. But as soon as it takes the first step, the cones shoot out spikes towards the pup, warding it away. The pup yelps in fright and retreats back into the vent.

'Yeah...no thanks...'

You decide to stay clear of cones from now on.
Reaching yet another room, you find more servers and more crystals than before with the room coated in black goo as well.

'All of the rooms so far are coated in that black latex goo, am I in another wolves' nest?' you wonder.

Suddenly, an object lands on the back of your head startling you as you tumble to the ground in shock.

"AHH!"

You feel something long and slimy gently wrap around your neck as a familiar white mask peer down at you at an upside-down angle. It is a black latex beast! However, this one appears to be a bit bigger than a latex pup with a very long tail wrapping around your neck and a tiny set of wings sprouting its back, a small dragon perhaps?

The small dragon gives your face a lick before bellowing a tiny roar as it jumps off and bolts towards an open box, flipping it upside down to hide under it, leaving you unharmed.

'Ok...that just happened.'

Bewildered by the sudden ambush you pick yourself up, take a breather to calm your racing heart, and step forward... only for the box to move towards you.

You immediately step back only to see that the dragon in the box moves back as well. Curious about this, you decide to experiment by moving around and discover that the dragon in the box moves in a reflection of your actions.

Using this you manage to get past the box without getting too close to it.

'Why was he doing that?' you wonder.

You then hear a high-pitch roar and turn to see another small dragon peeking out of its box to wave at you before quickly going back into its box with the others.

'Guess they just want to play a game.'

With the situation figured out, you go on to accept their challenge.

At long last! You had been eager to meet this human when he came into your pack's nest. That dragon from earlier came and told everyone in the nest of his impending arrival, so everyone went to prepare their games for him. You are too excited about this and wait by the door, eager to meet him.