6. Hunted

Pushing through the door, you enter a hallway filled with bookshelves stretching high into the ceiling. Looking around, you find a decent number of those white latex blobs. Unfortunately, these latexes are taking a keener interest in you as most of them slowly start to crawl closer.

Unfortunately, the numerous shelves made it hard to tell where the exit is, so you have to look around while avoiding the crawling goo. Passing the first bookshelf, a loud thud smacks into the door behind you.

'What was that?'

To your horror, goo begins seeping through the crack under the door. You peek out from behind a bookshelf to see it form into that dastardly tail from before! It looks around, sniffing the air before growling. Does that thing have a sense of smell?!

You watch as the tail starts patrolling the library, searching for you. Anxiety makes the room feel far too small. You need to find the exit before that tail or those latexes on the ceiling catch you.

You keep a mental track of where the tail is, peeking around every corner, making sure the coast is clear. This wouldn't be so difficult if it weren't for those pesky latexes limiting the options and paths you can take.

Slowly but surely, you make your way to the other side of the library, only to remember at the last possible moment that it is barricaded... with boxes, shelves and worst of all...

Cones.

'What made Puro think I could move one of those deathtraps?' You complain mentally.

This is bad. Your only hope of escape is to make your way back to the entrance without getting caught by the tail. Walking past a bookshelf, you get the strange feeling that the tail is close by...

Plucking a large book from the shelf, you peek through the gap to check the other side. You see the tail body on the other side and immediately freeze. It stops, wiggling around as if tasting the air for your presence. But... there's no way. You didn't make a sound! As soon as the tail continues its patrol you look away, releasing the breath you'd been holding as slowly as you can to reduce the noise.

"Don't panic... don't panic...'

That's when you remember it acted as though it was smelling the air.

"Hisss"

You feel as though your body temperature plummets for a moment as you nervously turn around. It's there... poking its mischievous grin around the bookshelf.

...

"AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Panic takes complete hold of you as you make a run for the exit, desperate to escape that terrifying ball of fluff. The tail makes excited trilling noises as it chases. Turning the corner of the bookshelf, you spot the exit and dash madly for it, not even bothering to watch for those latexes on the ceiling. You glance behind you to see the tail just slightly falling behind-

*SPLAT*

The world turns white as something gooey lands on your head.

*THUD*

And that's the tail smacking into you from behind.

Blindly panicking, you flail around as you try to kick the tail while pulling off the latex on your head, but the blob takes this as an opportunity to grip onto your hands, quickly flowing down your arms.

You feel a sense of frustration from the tail as it flows down your legs. They go numb, making you collapse to a kneel on the ground, stuck to the floor while the blob and tail continue their takeover.