10. Doctor and the Beast

Huge thanks to Kranfoel, McHanz, Lil_Proto, and Delta-Soldier. You guys helped a lot with the proofreading!

Tightly holding Neon's hand, you slowly guide her through the door. With mild amusement, you watch her stare at the tiled floor, slowly stretching out her foot, flinching as soon as she touches it.

'No grass.'

'There is no grass here, but you can step on it.'

Neon looks up to you before bringing her foot back onto the floor again, this time without flinching, putting pressure on her step.

'Feels different.'

'Does it bother you?'

'A little.'

*Beep?*

The lion robot beeps, grabbing your attention. You look up to see the robot looking at you tilting its head with a question mark appearing on its screen.

"Everything's fine. She is just nervous, never been out of the biome before."

The robot nods in understanding, watching you coaxing Neon out of the biome. Neon then lifts up her other foot on instinct, shaking but never taking her sights off the floor. Eventually, she manages to place both feet on the tiled floor, ready to move forward.

Seeing this, you place your hand on her shoulder and gently motion her towards the robot. The robot smiles and continues its mission to guide you to the Doctor that sent him.

Looking up to keep track of the robot, you see that you are in some sort of observation room, where there are computers, papers scattered everywhere and a transparent wall that shows the inside of the biome.

'Wall is missing?'

'Not really, it's just transparent, we can see through it from here rather than in the biome.'

'But how?'

'Wish I could explain it.'

Looking around, you notice that one of these computers was left on, revealing live camera footage on the biome. Right now, the camera feed shows the Chimera behemoth curled up in a ball, where each of the heads huddles together, shuddering.

'How powerful is her hypnosis?'

'Enough.'

You flinch at the response, realising you accidentally shared your thoughts with Neon.

'Good to know.'

'Where?' Neon asks, looking around to see the strange machines.

'Must be a lab of some kind.'

'Lab?'

'It's a place where people research and study, I think.'

Neon seemingly wants to ask more but seems content with the answer for now.

'What's that?'

'That is a computer.'

'Purpose?'

'To do...work?'

'Explain?'

'Umm sorry Neon...I can barely remember how most of these things work now. Maybe when we have the chance we can find out together.'

'Oh...' Neon's ears droop down in disappointment. She then looks up, her ears perking up as she spots another object of interest.

'What's that?' Neon asks, pointing towards an object. You follow her direction to what she is pointing at.