10.5 Doctor and the beast

Thanks again to my proofreaders: Kranfoel, McHanz, Lil_proto, and Delta soldier!

'Is robot back?'

'Not yet.'

You and Neon have been waiting for a couple of minutes and already you both are anxious to get going.

While you are both waiting for Proto, you think about what questions you want to ask the doctor, but one thing that bothers you is how the doctor seems to know you. Just what on earth happened? Where is everyone? This is an institute so where are the other humans? Why is this institute filled with these strange living goo monsters that are so excited whenever they see you? Is it because of their desire to transfur? Why do they want to do it so much? Even Leevo has the interest of transfurring you as his host despite not making a move for it.

Before you can continue your thoughts, Proto finally came back from his chores. The robot robotically walks up to you.

*Beep beep!*

"Finally you got here! I still can't believe that you actually took priority on garden work over taking us to see the doctor, wouldn't he get mad at you?"

*Beep...beep?*

"Ummm...never mind all good."

*Beep*

'Robot here! Can we go?'

'Thankfully yes,' you answer before speaking to Proto.

"Lead the way Proto."

*Be-Beep!*

The robot beeps in an acknowledging tone. Walking past you and Neon, Proto heads to the security A.I. standing in front of it.

*Beeeeep!*

"Finally finished Proto? I must say Dr. K is really giving us a workload of tasks, making us do all of the work." the A.I. beeps with annoyance.

*Beep! Be-Beep?*

"No matter, what's done is done. Access granted."

And just like that, the door opens. Proto moves to the exit, standing by as he waves his arm calling you and Neon over.

*Be-be-beep*

'We go now?'

'Yep! About time he got back.'

Walking to Proto, he walks through the door while you and Neon follow close behind. Walking through the door, you see that you are in another greenhouse room except with fewer plants and half of the room at the exit is covered with...

"Is that...white latex?"

Every inch on the floor and the wall is covered with white latex, making you very uncomfortable. Neon starts sniffing the air with an unsure look on her face.

'Many latex...territory?'

Hearing Neon's thoughts, you recall your journey through the black latex territory, is that where you are heading to? Except it's controlled by white latex? You don't think going there is such a good idea. You decide to speak to Proto about this, only to see him walking towards it!

"Wait wait wait! Proto! Hold on!"

Thankfully, the robot stops, turning around to see you running up to him with Neon close behind.

"Proto! Are we actually going that way?!"

*Beep*

"But...isn't that a nest or a territory up ahead!?"