17. Tying up loose ends

Thanks once again to Lil_Proto, Kranfoel, McHanz and Delta Soldier! You guys taught me that a writer will be biased when editing their own work.

Everything around you feels so much at ease...the warmth wrapped around your body provides comfort while you drift off into the deep state of sleep, unburdened, and at peace...

...

Everything feels just so peaceful...

...

Yet why do you feel this unnerving tension that something is about to happen? Something disruptive...dreadful...it's almost as if-

'WAKE UP!!!'

"Ahh!"

'AHH! VIOLET!'

You jolt awake, opening your eyes to see a grumpy anthropomorphic goat glaring down upon you and Rose.

'Roossseeyyy!!! I can't believe you would do this! Don't tell me you are replacing me!'

'Violet! I am not replacing you! I would never do that! We are besties!'

'What kind of bestie would ditch her friend and sleep on her own bed?? And with a human no less!'

'Violet, you know how I don't like sleeping alone...' Rose replies bashfully.

'So why not do it on your bed??'

'I...well-' Rose stutters, still feeling slightly embarrassed.

'Hmph! I thought so.' Violet says, pouting and looking away from her as if to shun her.

'I did it to help you, Violet! I just don't want your pranks to get you into trouble that I can't get you out of!' Rose changes the topic, hastily avoiding her question.

'Facing the consequences of my own actions was it?' Violet asks, looking at her raising a brow.

'Yes!'

...

'You know, to tell you the truth...you were right. I should be facing the consequences of my own actions more.'

'I...eh? Really?' Rose asks, surprised by Violet's sudden change of tone.

'Yep, pranking that human? My method was...maybe a bit too cruel...' Violet shares a glance at you, with a strange look in her eye.

'Rose...I'm not liking this...'

'I know...'

'...after all, if doing stuff like that gets me this cool thing-' Violet trails off, reaching into her chest, pulling out a small purple...blanket? Before wrapping it around her shoulder.

'Then I should do it way more often!'

'I-I what? How did you get that??' Rose stutters, causing Violet to smirk.

'From Weaver herself! She made this shawl all for me!'

'But I thought Weaver forced others to wear her clothes!'

'She did! But it turns out she had taken advice from a certain human...and decided to make blankets just like this!'

You mentally slap yourself in the face, recalling the advice you gave to Weaver and the sleeping feline latexes when you last saw her.