A Much Needed Conversation (Cal x Xylo; OoO S2)

>Wasn't requested<
Big Calo fan so decided to do something.
This one-shot will take place before the Aphrodite ball but after Cal learned of his powers(technically after they went to Niflheim)
-fluff
-a bit of angst
—————————————————————————————————————————————————
(No one's POV)

Cal kept walking, reading the book he had in his hand.
As far as who his godparent was, he hasn't been able to find out anything past what happened some time ago.
Cal, including Nad, Xylo, Ricarro, Davis, and Lychee, went to Niflheim to become a hero, as Lychee and Davis kept saying.
The others kept telling him he should go with to test his theory on having time powers, and also his mother instinct kicked in. So Cal agreed.

In the middle of the road stood a rowdy and a stressed demigod, but he kept walking, not realizing they stood in his way.

"Cal!" Screamed Ricarro, making Cal look up from his book. He smiled at Ricarro, who was running up to him.
"Hi Ricarro, Hi Xylo," he responded, folding the top of his page and closing it. He put it on his left side and looked at Xylo, who looked a bit stressed.
"Hello, Cal. What were you reading?" Xylo asked, still seeming stressed but a bit more relaxed. Cal looked him up and down, smiling softly at him.
Cal was going to answer when Ricarro began reading out loud, "Egyptian Gods and their powers. Are you still figuring out who your godparent is?" Ricarro asked, receiving a nod from Cal.
"I still haven't been able to pinpoint who I'm the son of. I have a couple in mind, but still not certain," Cal responded, slightly smiling. Xylo and Ricarro nodded.
"So, what might the two of you be doing?" Cal asked, earning a sour look from Xylo and a bright smile from Ricarro. Both reactions were ones he hadn't expected.
Cal was going to ask Xylo if something was wrong, but Ricarro's energy was something he couldn't exactly ignore. He decided to ignore his concern for Xylo and pay attention to Ricarro, who was now jumping in place.
"Yes, Ricarro?" Cal said, smiling at how energetic Ricarro was. Ricarro smiled and opened his mouth, ready to talk. But the next words that came out of his mouth were not something both Cal and Xylo expected.
"I wanna know how to dress in normal clothes!" Ricarro said, making Xylo look at him in shock and Cal nods slightly.
Cal kind of expected Ricarro to one day ask about how to dress. What he didn't expect was that he was going to ask him. Cal sort of expected him to ask Xylo or Kay since they act more like their parents, unlike him.
Ricarro looked at Cal, waiting for an answer. Xylo was also looking at Cal, although he seemed to be lost in thought instead. Cal took that look in for a second, sighing afterward.
"Ricarro, you do know you could ask Kay or Xylo for that, right? You don't exactly have to come to me for that," Cal said, making Ricarro pout.
"I know but mom is busy with camp stuff and Xydad is also busy," Ricarro said, looking at Xylo who was still lost in thought.
Cal looked at Xylo, seeing Xylo regain recognition and making a confused look. Cal smiled softly, shaking his head.
"What?" Xylo asked, making Cal chuckle. Ricarro did an "I told you so" look to Cal. Cal nodded knowingly.
"Ricarro, think you could go ask Davis for help?" Cal asked. Ricarro tilted his head slightly, a bit confused about the question.
"I would like to talk to Xylo if that's okay with you," Cal said, looking at Xylo for an answer. Xylo just stared at him and after a while, he nodded slightly.
Ricarro was going to go against it but it seemed like an idea came to mind, which made him nod.
"I can ask Big Bro for help! Maybe Middle Bro too, and we could have a Bros day!" Ricarro said, jumping in place. Cal chuckled at this statement and Xylo offered a smile.
Ricarro then said his goodbyes to both of them and ran off, going to the Greek area to look for Lychee. Cal sighed, knowing he'll owe something to Lychee afterward.
Xylo turned to Cal and asked, "You wanted to talk to me, Cal?" Cal turned around and nodded.
"I did, if you aren't that busy, of course," Cal said, smiling awkwardly. Cal wasn't one to take someone's time away when they had to do something important. Xylo shook his head, sighing softly.
"I'm not that busy, Cal. We can talk," Xylo said, smiling at him softly. Cal smiled back and nodded.
"Let's talk somewhere more private," Cal stated, looking at the pyramid. Xylo nodded and they both headed to the Egyptian area.