ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢

It was a gloomy morning with dew falling on the roof tops of the houses in the neighbourhood then to the ground, when a beautiful baby girl was born with a birthmark located on her forehead which was shaped like a stylized sun, with eight pointed rays extending outward from a circular center. The mother of the child was crying due to happiness but the father wasn't.

The father was drowned into sake and started insulting his daughter's birthmark stating that it was ugly and no man on earth would buy her for a high price.

The mother was filled with rage and started screaming at her husband with her weak health. She wasn't happy about her own husband was insulting his daughter. The husband was filled with anger and threw his sake bottle on his weak and fragile wife.

The baby girl started crying as her father angrily left and slammed the door very hard to buy more sake. She looked back at her daughter with a bloody cheek and lift her up and put her in her arms and calmed her daughter down with a warm smile.

"Shhh... it's okay he left now. I promise I'll keep you safe from him and I think you have a wonderful birthmark..."

With that she picked up her fragile body, packed her things, left her house and started living a peaceful life with her daughter in the mountains.

13 years later—

"Y/n Time for dinner I made your favourite!"

With the call of her mother she quickly ran towards the kitchen and started peeking on the kitchen counter only to see her favourite food.
"Onigiri!!" She squealed as she hugged her mom tightly. Her mom chucked a little seeing her daughter's eyes filled with excitement as she looked at the onigiri.

Her mother kneeled down at her level and said "go grab the plates I'll get it on the table."
Y/n quickly grabbed the plates and placed them on the table with a excited face patiently waiting for her mother to bring out the dish from the kitchen.

After the two sat and started eating their onigiri, the little girl looked at the fireplace and pointed to it. "Mother we are out of fire wood, should I get more after dinner?"
The mother replied and said "are you sure? it's quite dark outside." The little girl hesitated and said "But it's the winter and we are going to be cold... but don't you worry mother I'll be quick " she gave her mom a smile and left with a axe and a bamboo basket that she wore on her back. She waved her mother goodbye as her figure disappeared into the mountain's mist.

The little girl went back home with a pile of firewood on her back only to see blood on the white snow with a overwhelming scent of the combination of rotten flesh and blood.

She dropped her bamboo basket onto the white snow and stared running into the house only to see her mother laying on the ground drowning in her own blood. Her mother mumbled something which the girl couldn't hear so she went closer to her mother with tears running down her cheek and started yelling.

"....run..."

"MOTHER WHAT HAPPENED"

"RUN Y/N! RUN"

As soon as those words left her mother's mouth she saw something in the corner of her eye. She quickly turned around only to be met with a inhuman creature. It giggled.

"WHO ARE YOU!? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY MOTHER!?"

The demon didn't answer her question but instead said. "Looks like I have another meal to finish" it laughed maniacally and stormed towards y/n taking its claws and landed a deep scratch from her collar bone to her stomach which tore her red kimono revealing her chest but that didn't bother her, what bothered her the most was her mother in the edge of life and death.
Y/n screamed out of pain and took her axe and started slashing the demon with her eyes fulled with rage. She decapitated the demon's head in shock to see it not dying as she saw the demon regrow hands on its head.