Chapter Nine

I woke up on a soft white bed, the room was bright as the sunlight slowly concurred each and every spot of the room. I squinted my eyes and looked around and noticed that I was at the butterfly mansion. I had a bandage wrapped around my head along with my whole left arm covered in the white cloth from my shoulder to the palm of my hand. I tried to get up but a sharp pain struck the side of my stomach. I hissed in pain. Slowly lifting the shirt of my hospital outfit, I saw the same  white cloth neatly wrapped around my stomach.

"Y/n Chan you must not move right now. You need to rest" I flinched and turned over to my right at the sudden voice. "Oh it's you Shinobu San" I sighed. "I know that you will still go on a mission at UA because your stubborn so, take these" she handed me a bottle of pills. "What are these?" I questioned. "Pain killers" she responded and I hummed. "You should rest for today, and please don't strain yourself. I bet your physically and mentally exhausted" she said putting a hand on my shoulder. She wasn't wrong though. "Don't worry about me" I smiled. "Shinobu san, what day is it?" I asked. "Wednesday" she responded and left the room allowing me to rest. 'So I need to go back to hell tomorrow I see' I sighed at the thought.

I sat back on the bed staring at the ceiling. The tears that I was holding back finally slipped and slid down my face and dropping the the blanket I was gripping.
"I was useless wasn't I?" I sniffled under my breath. Thankfully no one was in the room to see me cry. It's been 13 years since I cried like this. I promised myself to never cry after mother's brutal death no matter what but here I am. Crying my heart out.

I crawled myself into a ball hugging my knees ignoring the pain from my injuries and cried. "I was useless, I could have saved him. I couldn't do anything." I muttered to myself.
I was crying and crying for about an hour. I got out of bed eating a pill of the pain killers and head out to change into some modern clothes. Mitsuri san let me borrow some of her clothes. I wore a plain black hoodie along with some dark grey baggy shorts that came up to my knees and at last some white converse shoes.

I had to leave as UA was very far away from here. I gave Shinobu my thanks. I wanted to see how the boys were doing, I said my goodbyes to Inosuke and Zenitsu. I couldn't find Tanjiro but later heard that he snuck out to the Rengoku residence. 'It's okay I'll send him out a letter later' I thought.

I left for the train station. I took a ride home. By the time I reached it was already 7:30pm. "God I hope I don't run into Midoriya, I don't wanna explain shit" I sighed to myself. I mean he was my neighbour after all but too much was on my mind right now. I went ahead and unlocked the door. Thankfully I did not run into Midoriya but got jumped on by Muichiro as soon as I entered my house.

"Y/n are you okay!?" He said to me hugging my waist. I flinched a little because of my injury on my stomah but shook it off. "Yeah yeah I'm okay don't worry" I hugged him back. "Tengen is not home?" I asked Muichiro pulling out the hug. "Nah he is still on his mission with his wives." He said and I hummed in response.

I took my shoes off and headed for the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. I opened the fridge and grabbed the bottle and gulped it down. "Woah cool down Y/n" Muichiro said concerned. "I am cool, I am chill" I responded throwing the bottle in the trash. "Did you have dinner?" I asked leaning on the counter. Muichiro shook his head. "Wanna go out and eat?" I questioned and he nodded. "Let's get changed into something comfortable and then leave m'kay?" I said. "Okay" He replied.

I wore a plain black oversized t-shirt with some red checkered pj pants. I put my long red hair into a bud so it wouldn't get in the way but my bangs slipped through. I walked out my room and stuffed some amount of money into my pocket from my purse. I walked over to the living room and saw that Muichiro was sitting on the couch. He wore a black oversized t-shirt along with some mint green checkered pj pants and he wore his long hair into a low ponytail. "Damn we wore the same thing" I said. "What do you mean you wore red pants and I wore blue ones" I giggled at his response. "Let's go!" I clapped my hands.
We wore our slippers and the head out.