[ T W O ]

IM AYEONG'S POV:

"CEO?", I didn't mean to say it out loud.

"Yeah. Don't you know him?", the man asks me with confusion.

"Haha. Yes, I do.", I nervously chuckle and stare at the ground. Chan seems to be looking at me from the side. I don't want to look at him, but my brain and eyes are not cooperating today.

I look at him and he seems... Mad? My life's ruined. If these two weren't here, I would be screaming on the top of my lungs.

I nervously smile and he moves his eyes from me to the old guy.

"We'll be going, then.", Chan walks away with a stern look on his face.

We? Is he telling me to follow him? Ahhh. I don't know what to do. This isn't what I wanted on my first day.

I do a quick bow to the old guy and run towards my office. It's the right choice. Since I don't know his ways, I can say that I'm new and didn't understand that he was telling me to follow him, right?

I lost him. He's fast. Or maybe he walked away on a different track.

A sigh of relief escapes my mouth. I open the door to my office room, excited to see what's waiting for me. I turn on the lights, only to be met with Chan supporting himself with his hands and hips on one of the tables.

I would've screamed if I wasn't conscious of the person standing I'm front of me.

This guy. Is a creep. I swear, if I see him doing this type of shit again, I'm gonna give up on this job.

"Cha-Sir?", I ask, wanting to be alone in this world so I can scream as loud as I want without anyone being able to hear me.

"How come you didn't know I was the CEO? You know I don't like people who apply for a job when they don't even know anything about the workplace.", Chan speaks as he picks up one of the decoration piece on the desks, scanning it with his eyes, as if it's his first time in this office.

Well, that might be possible since this isn't exactly a place he'd be found at.

"I-didn't have time.", I mumble as the thoughts of me busy at home comes in my mind. Nothing much, just me doing house chores. House chores that were made intentionally for me to not get a rest.

"Hm. From now on,...", he sets the decoration piece down and looks at me."...you should have time for your company. Wait. No. The company should be your time."

He felt very... Main character. You know, those types of words are only heard in movies and dramas. I love them.

A bright smile manages to creep on my face. That was inspiring. Those words felt encouraging. Those words make me want to get to work right now. Or is it the man?

"I will work hard.", I speak, enthusiastically.

Silence.

Well, that's awkward. Um. What am I supposed to do now? Tell him to leave? Shouldn't he do that himself? One new embarrassing moment unlocked.

He's just staring at me. He doesn't seem happy. He doesn't seem interested. Does he find me weird? Should I tell him to leave?

If only, I didn't meet him, I would've been happy, in my office, working my ass off, but being comfortable. At least, not with this man.

His eyes just don't know when to move, do they? They're lazy, like me.

I wave my hand in front of my face to make him stop staring at me and it works. He flinches and looks away. His eyes look watery.

Did I make him that sad just because I didn't know he was the CEO? Well, now I feel bad. Honestly, it isn't even that big of a deal.

"Work hard. I hope we get to know each other more and that we're comfortable with each other. If you need anything, inform Jeong Sehyun.", he briefly says while staring into my soul. I nod.

He walks out of the room, causing me to release a sigh of relief.

I take a good five minutes to calm down. I hope he won't judge me based on my first impression. Yeah, what am I saying? I face-palm and walk over to one of tables.

I look around the office and explore it. It has a chill vibe with cream colored walls, white and wooden furniture and beautiful decorations.

I smile to myself, thinking that I'll be working over here. I sit down on one of the desks and brush my hands on one of the tables.

"I can't wait to design all kinds of stuff for them. When will I get my computer and graphic tablet?", I say as I smile and pout.

Sehyun told me that they ordered a few graphic tablets and they're also gonna issue me a laptop and a computer by the company.

Until then, there's not really much for me to do other than wait.

Should I get along with other people? I should probably walk around and see if I can find any other people my age.

That's right. I'm an adult now. I shouldn't be afraid of socializing. Put fear aside, now that I'm twenty-four, the power of socializing should be in me, naturally. Right?

After I get out of my office room, I freeze after seeing many people jogging or walking here and there, either in a hurry or taking breaks.

"Socializing isn't for me, is it?", I whisper to myself but someone manages to hear me.

"Socializing is for everyone.", a voice says behind me, causing me to look at the source of it, only to be met with a boy, around my age, smiling at me.

"Hello.", I bow and he does the same.

I kind of recognize him. Oh. Right. He's the one who was beside Chan when I misunderstood shit.

I didn't realize that I've been staring at him this whole time, so I lower my eyes in embarrassment. He chuckles at me which makes me wanna punch him.

Look at him, laughing at others pain. He doesn't know that I won't be able to sleep tonight just because I stared at him for too long. Stared at him for just a slight second longer than I should've had.

"Do you really hate socializing? How did you get this job?", he mocks me.

"Do you really love mocking others? How are you not buried alive?", I roll my eyes and walk away from him.

But wait, isn't he the Executive assistant?

The assistant of the CEO?

Shit.

__________

A/N: Hi🙂