[ N I N E T E E N ]

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

We can never be together.

__________

"Hey, Ayeong. You're not coming?", a girl asks Ayeong.

"No.", she answers, not taking her eyes off of the shot glass in front of her.

She came to a bar to get many things off her mind. Life was tough for her, even in college. Hence, she came to the bar to clear her mind.

"I can go home myself. You can go ahead.", Ayeong smiles at the girl.

"Alright. Take care.", she waves and walks away, out on her way.

"Ugh. Why do I have like 10 assignments unfinished? I thought I was the star student.", Ayeong sighs as she pours some alcohol in a shot glass for herself.

A few hours pass and Ayeong is still at the bar, busy drinking. She can barely keep her eyes open but that still doesn't stop her from drinking.

There's not much people left at the bar as it's a weekday and almost 1 AM.

Ayeong is continuously drinking alcohol as if her life depends on it, when all of a sudden, a group of men walk up to her.

Without saying a word to her, one of the guys pick her up from the waist, sliding her on his shoulder.

Ayeong starts to hit his back with full force but fails due to dizziness.

"Let me go, bitch!", she whines.

All the guys laugh at her and start to walk out of the bar, but a guy in an all black attire snickers. The men realize that the guy is laughing at them, hence they stop in their tracks.

"Now, now. That's not very gentlemen like to pick on a girl, is it? Let alone pick one up, literally.", the guy smirks at them making them angry. He says the last part quietly.

"What can you do about it?", one of the guy speaks and the rest start to laugh.

Ayeong angrily shows one of the guys her middle finger, causing him to slap her on the face.

"Fuck you.", she's got a temper. She says that in a daze as her head is spinning, her head hung low.

"I can do a lot of things.", he got up, walking up to them.

"For example?", the guy smirked as he thought that he couldn't do any harm to the gang. He was a mere college student, with no build-up at that. Little did they know it was all hidden under the black baggy t-shirt he was wearing.

"For example...", he stopped, faking a thinking gesture.

Suddenly, he pushed the guy, causing him to fall on the other guys at the back.

Ayeong also fell but the guy quickly helped her get up.

"You're a fighter.", Ayeong giggled as she started to cheer for him, unable to keep a standing posture.

"I'm no fighter. Believe me.", the guy crouched in front of her, his back facing her.

"Nice back.", Ayeong was dizzy, narrowing her eyes to try to focus on the back which the guy, apparently, was showing to her.

"Hurry up.", the guy complained.

"What?"

"Get on."

"Why?"

"I said I'm no fighter."

"W-"

He didn't let her utter another word and grabbed her bare legs sliding them around his waist which made Ayeong wrap her hands around his neck on her own as she could fall if she didn't.