[ S E V E N T E E N ]

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

Your dad is a murderer.

Your dad is a pervert.

Your dad is inhumane.

Your dad is a monster.

You're his daughter so you deserve the punishment.

I was never even with him. I didn't even know him. I barely remember his face. Yet, I get the punishment for everything he did to other women.

I never thought this would happen to me. Joochan, I never thought you'd be the one doing this to me.

The knife was snatched from Joochan's hand as his thoughts took over his mind which let his gaurd down. He looked at the person who snatched it, a police officer.

"W-wha-", Joochan was speechless to see someone there as he made sure that no one would dare enter this building.

"Hong Joochan, you're arrested for mentally and physically harassing a woman.", a gun was pointed at his head.

Ayeong had fallen to her knees as Joochan let her go. She was physically unconcious. She couldn't hold herself. Her eyes looked empty, her mouth was slightly agape and her face seemed expressionless. It seemed like she was dead as she stared into nowhere.

"Ayeong.", Chan ran to her right after he arrived. He sent one of his skilled gaurds to follow them both, for Ayeong's safety and the moment he figured that Joochan was doing this to the girl, he immediately called the police and drove at the speed of light to reach her as soon as possible.

Right and of course, it was wrong of him to send gaurds to spy on them when they'd be having their lovey dovey moments but he was worried for her. And his worry was reasonable, considering what Joochan turned out to be.

He embraced her with both of his arms around her shoulders. It was like magic because, as soon as Chan came in contact with her, her tears started to flow on her own and she started to sob. She became alive again.

"Is the woman hurt? You sure you can take her to the hospital on your own?", one of the police officers asked Chan.

"Yeah, I'm sure.", Chan smiled for reassurance. He helped Ayeong walk towards his car and ran back to thank the police for their hard work and cooperation. He also took her belongings, bags and suitcase, and put them inside his car. He sat down in the driver seat and found Ayeong's terrified face.

"Are you ok?", Chan asks as he looks at her dull face, genuinely worried for her. This incident was obviously a worry big turn down for her. The love of her life turning out to be the antagonist of her story.

"What...", she starts to sob.

"It's okay.", Chan hugged her from his seat by spreading his arms for her to fall in his embrace.

After a few minutes, Ayeong finally calmed down a bit, to stop crying at least. They both pulled away from each other and couldn't keep an eye contact, for some reason.

"Where'd you wanna go?", Chan asks, gazing into nowhere.

"I...", Ayeong thinks about how she has no place to go anymore. It was almost the break of the dawn and her aunt has this habit of waking up early, forcing Ayeong to wake up early as well for her to make breakfast.

"I don't have anywhere to go.", she holds her index finger in anxiousness, looking down at it.

"World is a place with no ends, for humans.", Chan smiles, still not looking at Ayeong.

"For me, there's only dead ends for each step I take.", she holds the tears forming in her eyes.

"It's not. You just need the right person to explore it with."

They both look at each other, at the same time.

Are they the right ones for each other?

Are they each others?

"Joochan...", Ayeong hesitates to bring him up."...isn't like that. My dad killed and harassed his mother. He did that out of spite.", she defended him, even though she knew she shouldn't.

"Shouldn't he take revenge from your father and not the love of his life?", Chan spoke in an irritated manner which surprised Ayeong. She never saw him speak like that to her, except her first meeting with him.

Ayeong was speechless as she didn't have any reason to defend Joochan. After all, he loved her and she loved him. Only until he showed his real side, which was bitter, ugly and only seeked revenge.

"I did... love him.", she says it even though Chan didn't ask her about it. It was as if she was trying to convince herself that she loved him. She didn't want to do what Joochan did, love her but then reveal himself that it was all fake. She was hurting mentally.

"Of course. Of course, you did.", Chan put his hand on her shoulder, showing his support. Although, he did hate how the love of his life just admitted to claim her love for another boy, not that she didn't do that ever before, but he still wanted to be a good friend to her. At least, a good friend.

"Chan, where is he?", she started to sob again.

Was she asking about his physical appearance or his mentality? The events that occurred in her life were a big help to the dark side of her past but to her, it only worsened her mental health. She was hurt deeply and it won't be healing anytime soon. Who knows, if she's really kind hearted then she might never heal.

Without asking her anymore questions, Chan started to drive.

After a few minutes of driving, a session of rethinking her life of Ayeong, and a driving session of Chan, they finally arrived at a certain location. A location which wasn't Chan's home, neither was it Ayeong's. Chan parked the car in a parking lot.

"What is this?...", Ayeong mumbled after getting out of the car.

In front of them was lying a beautiful sea beach, with sand that looked like small crystals, the sea which looked like a frozen lake yet moving like the wind. The break of the dawn perfectly shone upon the sea water and the sand.

Ayeong's eyes lit up at the scene. She slightly smiled, tears starting to drop from her eyes. The feeling she was feeling at that very moment, was extremely unfamiliar. Sure, she loved the beautiful view, it made her smile, but her fresh cuts and burns were still there, hurting her more as she saw how beautiful life could've been but it wasn't.

"It might not heal your hurt heart, but it will at least try to comfort you, unlike real life people.", Chan chuckled at his own words.

Ayeong didn't say anything back.

Because she didn't.

She cried and cried.

Chan is surely a gentle man every girl needs...

__________

A/N: Sorry for not updating yesterday. I wasn't gon update today either but I just felt bad for that 1 silent reader I have @LeeknowsMint . Hi there. I feel like I have to get productive soon and write like five chapters in one day and like, I'll be ahead of time. You know, punctual, may I say? Nah that ain't me.(lmao the moment I wrote the that ain't me it reminded me of it aint me by kygo and Selena and I didn't stop singing it for the whole day.💀Came here just to write this🥰)

My mum took me out shopping today but i wanted to sleep after a long day of school. But she forced me bcz she said she can't leave me alone at home 😭😭it was indeed tiring.

I'm about to sleep so early today. It's 11:05 👍im prolly gone sleep at 4 or smthn tomorrow since I'm sleeping so early today 💀I have school tomorrow and then the next week is going to be exam week 💀hell naur like braur give me a damn summer vacation. I hate it. It's hawt.