[ T W E N T Y - T W O ]

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

"And the designers team of the head office will manage all the designs for it.", Chaeyoung and Chan were discussing the collaboration with a few people.

"Who'd you like to recommend for the designs? Don't you think we should hire professionals? The people here aren't that famous and all.", one of the producers speaks.

"They're pretty good. One of them worked under my company and it was their first experience. She was pretty good.", Chan smiles to himself at the thought of Ayeong.

"I think we should consider hiring professionals as plan B.", Chaeyoung managed to make everyone agree. She didn't want to let the designer team of the head office work in this project as she hated the thought of Ayeong being in the project since that would end up her and Chan seeing each other often. But she also had to do something that would make her look like a person who considers Chan's feelings and opinions over others. After all, she has to get back what was going to be hers.

__________

"Alright everyone, we're going to be playing a big part in the project.", the designer team's leader spoke up.

"Us? Aren't we, like, 'unprofessionals'?", Ayeong furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't know, man. Boss told me that we will have to do our best, otherwise we're getting fired.", he seemed too calm considering his words.

"What?!", the whole team exclaimed in unison.

"I-we will have to do somethin', quick.", one of the girls panicked.

"Hey, John. Why do we design everything? She barely ever gave us medium-sized projects and this one is like a large-scale one. Like extra large.", hums of agreement could be heard throughout the room.

"Well, you're definitely right about that. Maybe she's just giving us a chance to prove and improve ourselves, you know?", John stated his opinion.

"Wait, you said we'd get fired if we fail?", Ayeong questioned and received a nod from John.

"Then John, she's basically looking for an excuse to fire us. She knows that we won't be able to do much with the time we have. Plus, we're not the most experienced.", Ayeong complained.

"Amelia, it's not it."

"It is it. I don't know if we'd be able to succeed.", Ayeong ran her hand through her hair in frustration.

"Then we just have to work fast.", John smiled at her.

Everyone was really confused as to why would Ayeong think that way. Chaeyoung is only letting them work, nothing more, nothing less. But for Ayeong, it was different. Chaeyoung gave different and scary vibes to Ayeong. She thought that Chaeyoung and Chan had something to do with each other and that they were close, that's why she was firing her right on spot.

After all, she nearly got fired but Chan came up and distracted Chaeyoung.

"Amelia, look. It's okay. Nothing is wrong. You're just being a little paranoid.", one of her close colleagues calms her down.

"Yeah, sorry.", Ayeong smiled to show them that she's fine."We'll have to work our asses off.", Ayeong sighed.

"Amelia, stop cursing. Boss can sue you for it.", a girl playfully hit Ayeong.

"Sorry.", Ayeong chuckled.

__________

"What are you still doing here? It's so late.", Ayeong bumped into Chan on her way out of the company building. In the dark hallway of the company, they both stood there without another person at sight.