[ T W E N T Y - O N E ]

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

"Hey, Amelia. Look, the company you first worked under.", a blonde girl shows Ayeong an article of BC entertainment.

"What company?", Ayeong looks at the article confused.

Her heart skips a beat as she gets reminded of the company she first worked under.

"I heard the owner of the company is a huge star and he's coming to Australia to collab with our company.", the girl squealed. She definitely had a huge crush on the guy.

"What kind of collab?", Ayeong can't help but ask. Is he really coming just for a small collab? Or is he coming because of her? She only told him that she's going to Australia, nothing more about where in Australia. So, she came to the conclusion that he's only coming for the collab.

"Well one of their boy group is going to do a collab with one of our stars. I don't really know which star since they're keeping it a secret from us. But you know, it's going to be the biggest collab of all time. Like the biggest one.", the girl joyfully smiled at her phone, leaving Ayeong in a completely pensive mood.

She was worried. After a year, will she be able to face him? All the memories that they made, each night, Ayeong gets a flashback of them. She didn't want to leave him but she was also afraid of him. She was hurting. It was hard for her also.

"Amelia.", Ayeong looked at the voice that called her.

"Yeah?", she smiled, pushing all her thoughts away.

"Boss is calling you.", he smiled back at her.

"You mean the boss?", Ayeong asks, confused as she never met the actual owner of the company. Since its a big company, the owner is loaded. So, they don't have time to meet and greet each and every other employee.

"Yes.", he nodded his head and sat down in his seat.

"Why would he be calling you?", the blonde girl spoke.

"I don't know.", Ayeong mumbled with confusion and got up, making her way to the top of the building, which was the main office. The building took a lot of space and was well known and visible to the eye, even from a far. Though, it had eight floors and at the eighth floor, was the main office.

Knock knock.

"Come in.", Ayeong heard a male voice. She was confused because to her knowledge, the CEO was a female.

"Ayeong?", the male who stood by a chair, the chair's back facing Ayeong, asked her, receiving a nod from her in return.

The chair turned around, revealing a beautiful young woman. She seemed to be about the same age as Ayeong, in her late twenties.

"H-hello.", Ayeong reluctantly bowed, as she was too flustered by the woman's appearance.

"You're Ayeong?", she tilted her head, observing Ayeong head to toe, making her uncomfortable.

"Yes, ma'am. It's me.", Ayeong answered.

"What do you have to do with him?", she was only making Ayeong more and more confused. Him? Who?

"Him?", Ayeong asked in hopes of getting an answer.

"No. Leave it. You're fired.", she waved her hand mid air, gesturing for her to get out.

Just like that? How could she fire someone when they clearly did nothing wrong. Ayeong was hard working and focused on nothing but her work. Then, why is she getting fired without any reason? Without any warning? Without any questions or conflicts?

"B-but why?", Ayeong needed to know the reason.

"You stepped in my territory, taking what's mine. Know your limits.", the girl rested her elbows on the table.

"I swear I never did anything like that. I'm innocent. I don't even know where you live. Ma'am, I always focused on nothing but my work. And for me, to get fired like this, this is wrong. It's unfair.", Ayeong defended herself.

"Hm. On second thought, do you wish to work under one of our branches? I'd like to send you somewhere else instead of here."

"No, ma'am. It's a big hassle to move and all.", Ayeong was secretly rubbing her hands in the back.

"My assistant will do everything for you, so you don't have to.", she smiled.

"I-", before Ayeong could say another word, the door of the huge office was opened. Ayeong looked back, surprised to see so many guards, guarding... Chan.

Ayeong, with eyes widely open, stared at him. She was happy to see him but it seemed like she also didn't want to see him.

"Chan?", the blonde girl got up, smiling brighter than ever. Her personality just snapped.

"it's me, Chaeyoung.", Chan smiled, opening his arm to hug Chaeyoung.

"Chaeyoung?", Ayeong mumbled to herself. She didn't know her name.

After pulling away from their hug, Chan took a glance at Ayeong. His facial expression could not be defined as shocked or surprised to see her. He was smiling, as if nothing happened between them.

"Hey, Ayeong.", Chan pulled his hand forward for a handshake. Ayeong hesitantly looked at Chan and then his hand. She was unable to understand anything that very moment.

Is he fine with what happened between them? Is he going to pretend like nothing happened even after seeing her after a year? Is he really not bothered by it? What the fuck does he think he's doing?

"Amelia, don't you have any manners? You got the chance of shaking your hand with a C-E-O yet you're keeping your attitude? It's Bang Chan, not a beggar who'd wait for you to give your hand to him.", Chaeyoung scolded Ayeong.

Ayeong lowered her eyes in pain. She wanted to cry. All this time, she was hurting. For Chan, she was hurting. For Joochan, she was hurting. For love, she was hurting. She'd been lying to herself all this time. No matter how hard she tries to forget Chan, she can't. She wants to hug him, shower him with kisses but she's holding back. She made the wrong choice of leaving him and now she's regretting it.

"I'm sorry. I'll just leave.", Ayeong bowed to Chaeyoung, not even sparing a single glance towards Chan, leaving right after.

Tears started to fall out of her eyes on their own. She rushed to the stairs as she knew that no one ever took the stairs to go up or down.

She couldn't bare the pain to see Chan so unbothered by their past.

What will she do now?

Will she just ignore him all the time or will she let her feelings for Chan take over her heart?

She's confused but she still has to make a choice, and quick before everything left disappears.

__________

A/N: EXAMS ARE FUCKING DONE. YASSS. NOW WE WILL BE HAVING SUMMER VACATION AFTER THE NEXT WEEEK.

Which means? Regular posts!!! 😎I want to twerk right now but idk how to show it to u. It'd be embarrassing since Idk how to twerk.

Ya'll im so happy this book will be over tomorrow 😺