[ T E N ]

IM AYEONG'S POV:

"I'm feeling lonely.", I speak, not being able to steady the actual tone of the song.

"What's wrong?", the voice calms down a bit. Wait, no. It becomes a bit more gentle.

"Oh, I wish I'd find a lover that could hold me. Now, I'm crying in my room.", I hear a few snickers around me. They're probably laughing at my unfluent English. They're the same, it's just that they take the advantage of making fun of others when they get the chance. That's how life is. I don't care. I won't kill them.

"So, skeptical...", I stop to think about the next word."...of love.", I finish with a nod.

"Where are you?", the voice on the phone asks making me flinch a bit as I got busy thinking about love. Love is equal to Joochan.

"But still, I want it more, more, more.", I start to mumble, unable to keep my sitting posture. I end up resting my head on someone's shoulder. Probably, Sehyun's.

__________

I open my eyes only for them to shut back up due to the sunlight entering the room. There's a pounding in my head.

I open my eyes once again and squint them, trying to get used to the sunlight.

"Do you want me to close the curtains?", I hear a familiar voice beside me.

"No, it's fine.", I answer, not thinking twice about who it is. My eyes open wide as I realize that I'm not in my room. In fact, not in my house.

I sit up in the speed of light. I look around the luxurious room, quite spacious. It seems to be a room of someone high and mighty. Unlike me.

I look around in panic, right then my eyes fall upon the figure lying beside me. My eyes open wide as I realize that it's a man. A very familiar man who I take in as someone dearly to me. It is...

"Chan.", I mumble, loud enough for him to hear.

"Yeah?", he asks, also sitting up. He's smiling. Smiling?!

"What am I doing here?", I try to keep my calm as I wouldn't want to accuse him of doing stuff with me when I don't even have any proof. Plus, I don't take him as that type of guy.

"Yeah. What are you doing here?", he chuckles and his smile grows more.

"I'm serious, Chan. Explain before I'm unable to hold myself back and kill you.", I give him a death stare.

"You think I'd do anything?", he asks, raising one of his eyebrows.

"I think I will if you don't explain soon.", I furrow my eyebrows even more, if it's even possible.

"Hmm.", he hums as he looks at the ceiling.

"Were you also drunk?", I ask with disbelief.

"No?", he questions.

"Then, why don't you remember?", I clench my teeth.

"I don't know. I don't want to remember.", he gives me a smile and gets off of the bed.

"Hey, Chan.", I yell, also getting up to follow him.

__________

"I can't even put makeup on today.", I pout as I sit on the passenger seat of Chan's car.

I was going to go home since he wasn't telling me about how I ended up in his house so I figured that it was a waste of time, but he insisted for me to have breakfast with him and go to work with him. I accepted it because you know, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to eat at such a fancy big house and stay there for a few hours.

"Why would you put makeup on?", he asks as he starts the car.

"It's a girly thing. It makes me feel better and gorgeous.", I flip my hair. I hear him chuckle.

"You want to go shopping for makeup?", my eyes open wide.

"We're going to work, though. Plus, I already have the stuff I know how to use and want to use. I do wear makeup but I'm not crazy for it, ok?", I scrunch my nose and he chuckles again.

"Stop making me laugh all the time.", he lightly mumbles. I manage to hear.

"I don't even say anything funny. You just think that I'm a joker.", I try to be funny and he laughs. He starts the car, driving it out of the big porch of the house, leading the car to the gate. The guards open the gate and Chan drives through the gate. My mouth opens on it's own in awe. He's rich, alright.

A few minutes later, I find the car somewhere we're not supposed to be.

"Hey, you've got some work elsewhere?", I ask, being unable to see the big sign of the store in front of us.

"Yeah. Come on.", he gets out of the car, followed by me.

I mentally slap Chan with rage after seeing the sign of the store which says '5-star beauty'.

"Hey! I want to go to work.", I don't want to spend money. I'm poor, unlike him.

"Yeah, sure. We could do that after we're done with this.", he looks at me and smiles.

"You're getting something for yourself?", I ask. He nods and walks inside the store. I don't follow him as I don't want to be accidently forced by him to buy something.

After a few minutes of waiting, he finally comes out with a huge paper bag in his hands. Rich people things only rich people can do and feel.

"You got a lot.", I appreciate his lifestyle, for the hundredth time, before sitting back in the car.

"Here.", he hands the paper bag to me. He could've just set it in the back seat but no he had to hand it to me. What a best friend.

"You could just put it in the back seat.", I stretch my hand to set the bag on the back seat.

"It's for you.", he says which makes me freeze in my posture. The bag is on the back seat with my hand still glued to it.

"What?", I furrow my brows in confusion, sitting straight to look at him.

"It's for you.", he gently smiles and looks at me.

From the start, something about him just made me want to sleep.

It was as if he had some sweet poison which let's you die a peaceful death.

He was the kind of person that I always wanted, that I always asked for from my mom.

I asked for him even though I knew I couldn't get him.

A smile so gentle it makes you want to fall into slumber.

That kind of person... Existed?

__________

A/N: sorry I didn't post for 4 days(?) I was feeling somewhat unmotivated 😿 I might or might not post for the next 1 week. Ya know what I wanna take a break👤