fifty.

deadly games❝celebration❞

deadly games
celebration

  PAIN HAD SUCH A STRONG FEELING. Whether it was physically or mentally. Both ways could drain a person so much until they choose to give up. And giving up sometimes could be wise, but most of the time it comes under the form of a mistake.
When you found yourself focusing on your breaths — counting them, you realized that you didn't want to give up. Giving up on yourself would also mean to give up on the ones you love.
The same thing was happening for Chishiya, because now he had you and a strong wish to be alive. Do whatever he couldn't do before he met you. He felt as if he was just reborn and now he had so many things to do.
As for Niragi, who was next to Chishiya, he always felt as if he had so much ahead. He wanted to have the life he gave up on back, knowing deep down that it was too hard to redempt.

Every new day in the borderlands was like a blessing. The next day was never promised, but even so, the ones with the will to live were able to survive every obstacle.
  Most people would immediately decease if what happened to Niragi would've happened to them. Niragi had the strongest will to live, to prove everyone that even if you're the villain, the worst human being, you can still survive anything. It was like an oath he made to himself — proving everyone wrong. But as much as you tried to understand his ways, you just couldn't. There was no trace left of who he used to be. The human decency he once had was gone.

  "You guys still alive?" Niragi asked chuckling to himself.

  You could barely keep your eyes opened while keeping your head on Chishiya's shoulder the entire time. And him pressing his own head against yours. The way you two were there for each other, in the same hurtful situation, was still a beautiful sight to anybody. Including Niragi who's head was turned to look at you.

  "Do you still blame yourself, Y/N?" Niragi simply asked and you already knew what he was talking about.

  "For what...?"

  "Yamato and me." he answered and just that name successfully sent a chill over your spine. Because you answered with silence, he continued. "My parents made me say that... they needed the money. If you've been wondering how he's doing now... His father's firm went broke and they lost everything..." Niragi revealed and a lazy smile appeared on your exhausted face.

  "Deserved..." you said content to hear about his misfortune. "And... thank you for saving me back then."

Niragi's lips slightly parted, surprised that you remembered that part.

  "Sure..." it came out more as a mumble from him, because he knew how much he changed. How he wouldn't do the same now, for anybody.

  For a split second this conversation felt to you as if you were speaking to your old friend. The Suguru you knew as a kind, sweet boy. Sometimes even clumsy, but his smartness was making up to that. He was always getting back on his feet, until he didn't.
His change was the worst and scariest that could happen to someone. It didn't only affect him, but also the people around him. Niragi was now perceived as a pathetic and monstruous human being — exactly how he felt when he was beaten up by Yamato and the others. Not just perceived, he was indeed the monster he tried to become. There was no going back, only parts of regret that would stick with him for the rest of his life. And he deserved it. Suguru Niragi deserved every pain he went through during his time in the borderlands and from now on.