Chapter V - The beginning or the bomb.

A/N
Hello guys, please don't forget to vote and comment.
Don't be a ghost reader.
We are just starting this story and I've not really gotten anywhere(The story has not started at all.) *giggles nervously*
Your comments will be a lot of encouragement.
Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annie's Pov

Rolling and stretching on the bed, I considered not going to school today although I felt a lot better than before.
I glanced at the digital clock;

6:00 am

It was still quite early, I sat up still contemplating on going or not.

While still weighing my options, I heard mom's loud voice from downstairs;

"Jaden! Annie! you guys should come down for devotion."

Oh not this early

It's been a while since we had family devotion. I pondered on what the issue was as I got up, stretching once more, almost adding an extra inch to my height.

I kicked the bonnet that I found on the floor again before picking it up, went to the bathroom and splashed some water on my face.
I looked at the mirror and saw my braided hair already rough, hair strands covering my ears and forehead.

I wore my bonnet, pushing my hair into it as I went downstairs.

Jaden was already seated in a comfortable position planning to doze off probably.
I kicked him on his heel and giggled as he jerked up before I sat down opposite him and adjacent to mom.

The sitting room was not so bright as PHCN had decided to do us dirty that morning.
Little rays of light came through the window, going past our almost transparent cream curtain.

Mom finally shrugged as she put on the lamp. It was actually a mini fan that came with a huge LED light beneath it.

"I have some very important stuff to share with you guys today. So listen carefully. Jaden! wake up," Mom snapped.

I stifled my laugh as he jolted from his dream-world, rubbing his red eyes and glancing around like a thief.

"I'm not going to waste much time today.
We are going to continue our family devotion from now on because you guys have not been observing it,"

"Also make sure to read a chapter of your Bible today. I'll make sure to keep track of that. Download the youversion app and keep up with it. You'll show me your streaks everyday. Take it as seriously as your snapchat."

I chuckled

Remember, follow peace with all men," Mom finally concluded.

"Jaden! pray for us," He almost jumped up from his chair again.
He grunted before murmuring a prayer with incomprehensible words.
We all said 'Amen'.

I quickly got up to prepare for school as I felt better than before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was probably the only person that forgot about my own public humiliation.
I braved the crowd of students along the hallway with my head bent down as I received side eyes and sneers.

Some even went as far as whispering in hushed tones;

"You must be a refuse bin for gobbling up that trash"

"Pig"

"Such an annoying coward"

I ignored them as I walked towards my locker. I put in my passcode as I buried my face in it. I wished I could morph into an insect or butterfly and fly away.