Chapter XIII - Dandelions or Waterleaf?

A/N
I'm actually writing exams now, so I might not upload till after that❤️.
Thank you all so much for 500+ reads, I really appreciate.
This chapter took me three days to write, I was also reading.
I'm dedicating this chapter to JennaDd7 Rostallion and Hanthoniaaa
Thank you❤️

CARLO'S POV

I came down from the car as my eyes went over the almost full parking lot - weekends are actually for enjoyment and hangouts. People were already taking pictures, giving the area a warm vibe.

Annie already texted that she was on her way but I was tired of sitting in the car and waiting so I decided to wait outside, the sun almost made me reconsider.

I leaned on the boot of the car, watching couples with hands interlocked walk in with smiles and giggles. Their faces were radiant with smiles and joy. I straightened up and dusted my chinos.

As I turned to enter the car as the sun was becoming unbearable, I noticed a familiar car drive into the parking lot. I had doubts but I decided to stall to find out who the occupant was.

My eyes widened as I saw Marcho come down from the car, dressed in a half-sleeve print t-shirt, loose shorts and a pair of sneakers. I even cleaned my eyes a few times with my sleeve.

I decided to walk over to him, as I could not remember telling him I was coming here.

I was hit with another bombshell as Clara came out of the passenger seat, she walked over to Marcho and held his hand.
She had on a black straight wig, slim fit ripped jeans and a crop top.

It was like they were on a date, but Marcho always complained about how he was forced to keep her company after that incident - maybe this was part of the company.

As if on cue, Clara swerved her head as if trying to double-check something.

"Carlo!" She called out as she waved her hands, tugging Marcho to come along.
I waved back, as I checked my watch.

"Hey, I never expected to see you here..."
Marcho began

"Me neither. Why don't you both go in, I'll join you later," I quickly suggested, as I did not want Annie to meet them here.

"No, I would love to see the lucky girl you're taking on a date. We'll wait, right Marcho?" Clara smirked, as she folded her hands.

I felt like giving Marcho a huge slap, he was the cause of all this. I tried giving him eye signals to take her in, but he ignored them.
My phone rang out, I peeked and saw that it was Annie calling so I excused myself.

"Hey, I'm at the gate. Where are you?"

"I'll come get you, just hold on,"

"Alright"

I gestured to Marcho that I was coming, as I jogged over to the gate. The parking lot was quite close to the gate.

I spotted Annie, grasping her bag looking so dazzling and beautiful.
Her face looked spotless and pristine like a perfect blend of peanut butter as it glistened. She had on a simple outfit - A black, slim-fit top and yellow checkered trouser. As simple as it sounded, it accentuated her beauty even more.

Her eyes searched everywhere apart from where I stood, I tucked my hands in my chinos as I approached her.
Few steps away, she turned.
When she finally saw me, her face lit up in smiles.

That. Made me smile.

She walked towards me too, Our faces beamed in smiles as we got closer.
I couldn't resist trying to hold her hand as we finally got to each other's front.