Chapter XVII - Uncanny aurora.

A/N
I didn't have any particular song for this chapter so I'll drop my favourite cover of 'O holy night' to celebrate the season. Enjoy. I'll probably change it later.

CLARA'S POV.

My head thumped painfully as my eyes tried adjusting to the early sunlight that found its way into my room. Fed up, I groaned and threw my blanket back over my head. This was the after-effect of silent weeping late into the night.

Thoughts of the previous day slowly crept into my head but it was nothing different from my normal days. Sad, painful and unbearable. That school has so much -

My God! School!

What was I still doing in bed by this time? This was really an unusual day, I was already supposed to be in school by this time.

Hurriedly, I forced myself off the bed and into the bathroom. When I checked the time, It was six-fifty am. I had just a few minutes to get ready and be on time for school. Not because of the rules and regulations obviously, I just wanted to avoid any human being dressed in lilac and ash. Everyone except someone.

The speed of time is unbelievable actually, because I just spent a few minutes freshening up without even singing and it's already seven-ten am.

Hurriedly, I dressed up in that slave yard uniform. Like ten well-ironed uniforms laid in my cupboard awaiting my usage-courtesy of my dad.
I brushed my black wig and placed it on my head.

Application of a light foundation, nude lipstick and gloss, and I was done.
Very opposed to how I truly felt, I had to look dazzling. Nobody was going to catch me looking like what I'm going through.

Seven-thirty am. Time for assembly.

Retired to my fate, I decided to just take my time, I was already late no matter how fast I decided to act now. This morning was so unusual. Normally I felt heavy after each session of crying, but today, I felt really light. Very light.
I even smiled at the maid when she approached me to announce my breakfast of vegetable salad.

The usual irritating scent of the salad didn't make me feel nauseous this morning, I ate it all, numbing my taste buds.

I ate slowly, carefully observing the graveyard of a dinning, white accessories giving it a very salient vibe.

I really didn't see the need for a dining table when the house contained just two souls that couldn't stand each other.

I bade the housemaid goodbye at the door, she stared right back at me with her mouth slightly opened. Lucky for her that the compound was fumigated, a fly would have gotten inside.

The driver was already seated in, the steering wheel served as a pillow for his drowsy self as he was fast asleep, probably dozed off waiting for me to get ready.

I gave his window a gentle knock and watched as he jerked up, his hand accidentally making the SUV blare out its annoying horn.

"Good morning ma," he greeted me with a slight bow.

I nodded and got in. Funny how he had been my driver for quite a while but I never got to know his name.

But who cares? I don't.

Getting into the car reminded me of the hell I had to face at school, the shitty life I lived, how unhappy and stagnant my life was. The slight smile on my face dissolved quickly like it was never there.

However, on the drive to school, little thoughts crept into my brain.

'What if I acted differently for a day?'