Chapter XIV - Thanksgiving.

I'm shocked to see an update too. So I just decided to drop this, I wrote my first paper today and I have some time before my next.
This is quite long, I don't know when next I'll update.
I dedicate this to all the ghost readers❤️
Please comment and vote this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANNIE'S POV

I had mixed feelings as I sat and watched the media team set up the movie. I never expected Clara to be here but oh well.
Marcho was deeply engrossed in his phone to notice that Carlo and Clara have been gone for quite a while.
They were already turning off the few lights that were left on previously.

Isabella was not online as she went off a few minutes ago claiming she was letting me enjoy my 'moment'. So I decided to go check on Clara and Carlo.

I gestured to Marcho that I was coming, he mumbled a few words and nodded.
More people were coming in, occupying the few seats left, I just hoped Marcho guides our seats.

Glancing around through the hallway, I made my way down to the popcorn vendor but Clara and Carlo were not anywhere in sight. I was confused and brought out my phone to call him.
On second thought, I decided to check the few corridors beside the one that led to the movie hall.

My eyes widened as I saw Clara in Carlo's embrace, her face was deeply buried in his shoulder. I couldn't place the expression on his face as his side faced me.

"Carlo!" I called out before I could think about it.
He turned back immediately with a look of shock on his face. My heart tilted.

God please!

Clara muttered some words I didn't hear because I was a few feets away, before she walked out towards the restroom.
Carlo took a few steps towards me with a face filled with apology and slight confusion.

"I have to go, my dad is back. I'm sorry I could not stay, bye." I deadpanned before he could say anything. That was a lie but not totally though.
I turned back and quickly walked out.
Thank God, I took my bag along with me.

I tried to convince myself that it was none of my business, that he was just a friend.
But my eyes became blurry quickly.
As I stood at the road trying to book a ride, I looked at the big billboard showing the movie for today - THE END GAME.
Well, I guess this was the end of my stupid crush - yes, I finally admitted it.

Π

Immediately I got home, I rushed upstairs blocking out the words of Jaden, I guessed Mom was in her room and I was so grateful for that.

I threw my bag on the floor and laid on the bed.
I didn't fully understand my actions, or the chokehold this crush had me in until today.
My head was in a spin, I finally decided to chat with Isabella.