Chapter VIII - An inkling of love.

Carlo's POV

I waved Annie good-bye as I closed the door gently.
I silently berated the coach in my head for making me miss such an opportunity.

Why did he even ask me to stay back, I really wanted to walk her back home.

'"Come over here," Mr Dare called out, rudely cutting my train of thoughts.

I walked over to the huge piano in the studio - it took one-fourth of the studio.
I watched as the director ran his fingers over the black and white keys, soft chords played out, the soothing melody filled the air of the small room and enveloped my hearing senses.

"You like her, don't you?" He blurted while still tapping the keys like he said nothing.
He was playing Reckless love.

My eyes widened as my jaw went slack.
I froze like Santa Claus caught dropping gifts.

"L-ike w-ho?" I muttered as I darted my eyes from the music pieces to the standing mics, anywhere but these piercing eyes.

"Don't play dumb, young man," He snapped.

I fiddled with my hoodie cord, Can't this man just mind his business? What has this got to do with him now?
I prayed silently that he just let me go.

He finally struck a final note as he turned to face me, I took a step backward almost hitting the blue-painted wall.

"Well, I'll say this just once, focus on doing what's important now. Do not leave room for distractions." He warned in one breath. I noticed he was tired.

But I don't see any need for him to poke his nose into my business. He even called her a distraction.

"Alright sir, thank you," I mumbled.

"You can go." He gestured towards the door as he turned back.

I dashed out to the street hoping to meet her somehow but I didn't.

I guess she didn't think I'll want to walk with her.
Shuffling through my joggers, I brought out my airpods.
I sighed as I plugged them in, swiping through my playlist to choose a perfect jam.
I proudly identified as a lisztomaniac - a need to listen to music all the time.

I walked down the road a little bit before deciding to order an Uber because I was already drained and exhausted.
When the Ash Toyota Camry ride finally came, I decided to chat Isabella up.

End of Carlo's POV

**************************************
Third Person POV

Annie hurriedly left the house for volleyball's practice.
Throwing on her jersey and scrambling around.

She was so glad that the time had been adjusted to fit her schedule.
Her volleyball's practice now ran through nine in the morning to twelve in the afternoon.
The choir rehearsals with her partner lasted from two pm to four pm.

She even had time to go back home and rest before getting on with the struggle.

"It feels so cringe calling him my partner," Annie soliloquized as she hurriedly wore her Airforce-one sneakers at the door step.

She got up suddenly as she heard her mum call her in a deafening voice.
She stepped in to find her almost at the door,

"Your choir director just sent a text indicating that there will be general rehearsals by 12pm, good luck my love."

"Aah aah nau, okay mom, " Annie grumbled, flailing her hands.
As she glanced at the black adidas watch strapped on her wrist, she immediately waved her mom good-bye as she scurried off.