Chapter VII - Guilt.

Clara's POV

I was so burnt-out from the cheerleading  team rehearsals.
All those girls with arched backs just weren't getting the steps right.
What could be so hard for God's sake!

I spent all morning screaming;
'Shake your pom-pom, we've got the spirit!'
Ugghhh

Especially that witch, Nancy
Making everyone go against my rule.

I can't wait for this tournament to be over so I'll be free from these daily rehearsals.
I deeply regret taking the burden of being the captain for this year, I already have so much on my plate.

I sighed as I poured water on my greasy dark-brown hair, making sure to apply a generous amount as I could not have my hair smelling during class.

I always make sure to take my shampoo with me, I can't have my hair smelling after some sweaty practice.

The rose-scented shampoo soon filled up the stall I occupied but with a weird smell to it.
I ignored it and continued washing.

I noticed that my hair had blocked the drain of the stall. It was usual when I was washing but this was too much.

Why was so much of my hair coming off

I need my hair full and healthy for this coming promotion that Dad is fixing for the weekend.
I don't need his issues again, he's becoming so stuck up lately.
If it's not my hair, then it's my body and poise.

I cleaned my body thoroughly and put on my cheerleading uniform before stepping out to look at the mirror.

My heart cart-wheeled as I stared at the person I saw in the mirror.
My hair was tangled and in a mess, my scalp was a tone darker.

I touched my hair and a lot of strands  came falling down alongside my arms.

I let out an ear-splitting and piercing scream as I faltered.
I marched out of the locker room at full speed.
I knew the culprit instantly.

"My hair is falling off, who on earth exchanged my shampoo with a hair remover?" I screamed at everyone close to the locker room.

Everyone stared at me like I was crazy but I couldn't care less.

I turned to the right to see Annie standing next to a very familiar figure through my blurred vision as my eyes were already filled with tears.
Speak of the devil.

"Nancy!" I shrieked as I quickly rushed  towards them.

Annie's eyes grew wider as Nancy smirked.

"Is everything a joke to you? Did you actually think about how I would feel about this? After everything I told you!" I spat out confronting her.

Nancy stared at me, gave me a stink eye;
"That's what you get for betraying me, dog face,"

I stared back in disbelief as tears rolled down my face. I looked around as people started gathering.
Phones started coming out, people gossiping in hushed tones.

"I told you that girl did that on her own! I'm glad I finally get to see you for who you are sha. And as for you Annie, you're just a weak-willed bitch!" I berated angrily.

She covered her mouth in surprise but Nancy looked at me like I was a hideous creature before letting out a loud hiss.
She walked away without thinking twice.

I turned to face the crowd;
"What are you looking at?" I screamed at all of them, the Juniors immediately scurried away leaving a few of our classmates.

I immediately called my driver.
How was I going to face Dad?

End of Clara's POV

|Third person's POV|