Chapter X - The brooding II.

A/N
This is like a continuation from Chapter 8 with Annie's POV of Chapter 9, so don't get confused, carry on.
Don't forget to vote and comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annie's POV

Wait what?

I stared back in shock at the familiar face with a grim smile, standing close to coach, legs apart.
He was not just so familiar, he was the cause of all our issues.
A very horrible person.

My dad's boss

After my dad got newly promoted, he worked hand-in-hand with Group Captain Adeoye. He brought a sketchy deal and tried to get my dad involved.

I could remember all those while we prayed because of him - long, tiring prayers. When he found out my dad wouldn't budge, he framed him and made them transfer him to Borno State as a front-line soldier.
We rarely even heard from dad and that disturbed mom.

He was that evil, a very evil person.

My train of thoughts got disturbed as Coach continued;
"He is Anndora's father also, so let's have a great time,"

What? Like father, like daughter.

I glared at Anndora, as she smiled endlessly, nodding at the munchkins beside her.

"Let's get started," The evil boss screamed.

They all applauded, happy to see a new face and hoping to learn new skills before the big day.
Sike

I kept my hands folded across my chest.

"Let the tournament begin," He screamed again.

It's not only tournament, sigh.

Everyone quickly scurried into position.
I knew he would not recognize me but I very much did. I just took my position and awaited the next call.

"That is wrong," He screamed, bathing the poor girl in his evil spittle

"We need the best, only the best!" He shouted again.

Almost everyone was crying internally but they all put in their best.
He demanded for nothing less and claimed that he made us play according to the international standard.

It paid off in a good way because the girls went past their comfort zone, It was also bad because everyone was extremely tired.

I was so sad and angry as I packed my things angrily, I didn't even wait to wish anyone good-luck as I ran off after the practice. I went to the locker room to wash my face and change up.

I knew he didn't recognize me but it was like he was after me, shouting and finding faults everytime.

I did not want to dwell on it as I hurried off to choir's rehearsal not even waiting to hear the announcement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked in discreetly to avoid attention, Mr Dare paid little to no attention to me.
I was so glad, as I was definitely not in the mood.

I waved at Carlo as I took my place beside him, he waved back with a smile that nearly made me fall.

His fragrance engulfed my sense of smell as I stood beside him. He was dressed in a simple black-polo, designed with some graffiti, black joggers and a white sneaker.

Mr Dare motioned for us to begin as he played the prelude of the song.
The choir started, I waited impatiently for Carlo to take over.

As he began, his voice added a nice bass different from the video we had to watch on YouTube. He said each word flawlessly, his voice sounded like the breaking and crunch of a freshly baked cookie.
I don't know if there's a comparison like that.