Chapter XVI - The ride.

Dive in.❤️

ANNIE'S POV

I'm just a horrible friend. I can't believe Isabella has had to face that alone. What was I doing? Volleyball? Something I'm even mid at. Carlo has been with Clara since that issue and I couldn't even be by my bestie's side after her breakup.
I'm not even a real friend to anyone. Carlo? Isabella? Clara already stated I was not her friend. Am I selfish?

My head nearly exploded with thoughts as I rolled on my bed, creasing the neatly-spread bedsheet. I returned from school a few hours ago and I decided to just think.

On my way to the locker room, I witnessed Carlo and Clara going home together. It's funny how they grew so close in a short while. I thought she saw me, but she turned her face away or maybe she didn't. I already tried talking to her, I guess Carlo is enough for her. Great.

Isabella was not in school today, I tried calling her but her number was unreachable. I couldn't visit her because it was already late but I will tomorrow. I had to.

Knock knock

There was only one person who actually knocked and waited for me to respond before entering my room. My dad.

"Come in, dad." I called out, as I sat up on the bed. I watched him peep in and smile, before entering fully.
He glanced around the room and nodded before looking at me.

"Your room gives off a calm aura. Have I told you that I painted it myself?" he gave a light smirk as he sat beside me.

"Yes Dad, you've told me like a million times and you remind me every single time you step into my room." I replied, almost rolling my eyes while trying to hold back my giggle.

"Did I? Well, the union of lilac and gray always calms me, it's such a cool-"

"Dad, it's okay. Let's not go into your color philosophies today..." I implored, as I laid back on my bed.

"Alright, you've been in your room since you came back and I decided to check up on you. Jaden and I are about to play FIFA. Are you interested?" he inquired.

"No, you guys should have fun." I said lazily. "I'm good."

"Are you alright? Is anything the matter?" Dad quizzed in concern.

Dad had always been my go-to when I had any issues. He always understood me and acknowledged my feelings. Not like Mom didn't, but with Dad I felt better. He always had the right words. Hopefully, that hasn't changed.

"I have a question though." I sat up again as I contemplated my choices.
Dad nodded, urging me on.

"Let's say you have a friend that's always so happy and supportive, they've never been really sad before but suddenly you found out something bad about them.

"And it's not because they told you or you had a nudge but because you caught them or heard from someone. Does that make you a bad friend?"

Dad let out a huge sigh and laid back on my bed. He kept quiet for a while before standing up.

"Do you want to go on a ride with me? Let's go and buy fuel, I'll wait for you downstairs." He finally replied.

"Alright, but you promise to answer my question abi?" I inquired.

"Of course," He assured me. "Let me call off my game with Jaden."

As soon as he left, I walked over to the closet and after careful consideration decided to change my blouse to a more comfortable polo-shirt, wearing a black cargo shorts to complement it. My braids were already old so I wore a face-cap. It was getting dark outside but it didn't matter.