Caught in 4k

This was a request, hope you enjoy.

It was a day like any other day, hogwarts was brimming with students, galavanting through the halls, going to class to learn new things.
Harry was with Ron and Hermione as always, headed to potions class.

As they make their way to class, another trio of students makes way into the doorway before them.
"We go first, potter." His name was spoken in a mocking tone, by Draco Malfoy.
"Shove off Malfoy." Harry retorted.

"In class, the lot of you." Professor Snape spoke behind them.

"Sorry professor." Said Hermione.
The class went by quickly, Draco and his friends kept quiet for once. Probably because Snape didn't seem up for dealing with any shenanigans. They were wise enough to know when he would take points away, even from his own house.
Harry was grateful, he enjoyed studying without being annoyed.

After class, was a different story. Draco caught up to Harry and taunts him.
"Oi potter, what do you get when you mix eye of newt and frog legs?"

"Nothing, that's not a potion."
Hermione was going to correct him but Draco was faster.
"Wrong it's an ugly potion and it looks like you drank it all." He laughs loudly, crabbe and goyle also laughing.

"Wow, did it take a long time to come up with that?" Harry responded in a cold tone.
Draco was silent, he didn't have anything else to say.
"Honestly, you should do best to grow up Malfoy. No one likes a prat." Hermione spoke.

"Don't speak to me filthy mudblood." His head suddenly jerks back as a fist made contact with his nose.
Ron wore a smile of triumph, "you want another?"

"You'll pay for that Weasley." He held his nose as it started to bleed and ran to the hospital wing.

"Thank you, Ron." She kissed his cheek. He blushed softly and Harry slowly walked away to leave them alone.

It wasn't until dinner time that Harry saw his friends again, he had wandered the castle aimlessly then boredom stole away in his mind so he finally made it to the great hall.
"Why did you go off alone?" Hermione sounding like a worried mother.

"You two seemed like you needed space." He looks between her and Ron, who had his arm around his girlfriend. They both blush but stayed close together.
"Is Harry feeling a little left out?" Fred asked.

"Yeah, wishing he had a lover to hold?" George added.

"No, I'm just-." He cuts off and eats some food.

"Aw someone is feeling lonely." The twins sync in harmony.

"Maybe, can you please just leave me alone." He gets up and leaves, headed for the common room and goes to bed.

The next day, Draco stood waiting at the bottom of the stairs of Gryffindor tower. Crabbe and goyle were not early risers so he was alone.
Harry and friends finally come down the stairs, belly's ready for breakfast.
"What does he want?" Ron sneers.

"You never go anywhere without your friends, do you potter?"

"At least he has friends." Said Ron, "where's dumb and dumber?"
Draco didn't say anything just huffed air from his nose and tilts his chin up in a superior way, giving a smirk and then walks off.
"What is his problem?" Ron spoke again.

"Best not to idle on the thought." Hermione said.

After breakfast, Harry found himself alone, while Ron and Hermione went off to be a couple somewhere.
He had a free period, so he sat on a bench in the hallway, it was mostly empty as most students were in class.