Dracos birthday

Birthday you know what that means...
Get ready.

Draco was turning 18, a man among boys, but he was stuck in school. Not that it was necessarily a bad thing, he could probably have more fun and get more attention than if he was at Malfoy manor.
Of course he didn't have to tell people it was his birthday, because the headmaster announced it at breakfast.

"I would like to announce that mr. Draco Malfoy has turned 18 today! Let's celebrate him and the next chapter in his book of life."
All of Slytherin cheered, some hufflebuddys cheer, a few ravenclaws gave a little yay, and no one at Gryffindor gave a shit.
Well..a certain savior was blushing madly as he wanted so badly to cheer and congratulate him, but then he would get mocked, probably.
His friends definitely would tease him since they know he has had a crush on the blond for some time.

"When are you going to tell him how you feel?"
Hermione asked.
"How can I? What if he doesn't even like guys?"
"Really mate? Perfectly dressed all the time, hair always done, he's such a tosser, no offense of course." Ron says.
"He's well mannered, look at his family. He has a reputation to uphold. That doesn't mean he's gay." Hermione spoke sadly for Harry's sake.
"Well, pining every day isn't gonna help, so go for it. Today is the best day."
Harry was happy to have friends that support him, even though they did mess with him a lot when they first found out.

After potions class Harry followed Draco down the hall, "hey, Malfoy."
"Potter, what can I do for you?" He was surprisingly nice.
"I wanted to say happy birthday."
"Thank you. Is that all?"
Crabbe and goyle were standing with him so Harry just shook his head and turned to walk the other way.
"That was weird." Said Goyle.
"Hmm, he actually said happy birthday to me." Draco blushed softly.
"Malfoy, your gay is showing." Crabbe laughs.
"Piss off you prat." He stormed off.
"He's in love with Potter." Goyle told crabbe.
"Yup."

Draco was in an even better mood now that Harry wished him a happy birthday.
Everyone noticed the pep in his step, confused on what could have made him so happy.

"Draco darling, I have a present for you." Pansy hands him a neatly wrapped box, it was small but the size didn't matter to him.
"Thank you, pansy." He opens it and is a little confused to say the least.
"Thanks...What is it?"
"It's a mistletoe, infused with magic. I know it's usually for Christmas but this will help you find your true love."
"And how will it do that?"
"If you stand under it with someone and you get stuck, like, you wouldn't be able to leave the doorway, it means they are your soulmate. You kiss and then you're able to leave the doorway." She explains with a smile.
"Wow, that's amazing. Thank you." He smiles brightly.

He hangs it in the doorway and admires it, it was beautiful for a piece of twig with little green pedals on it. He looked closer to see white pedals as well, and a little sparkle probably the magic shines from the middle.
"Oh, it didn't work." Pansy sighed softly.
He looks at her as she stands on the other side of the threshold.
"You tried to see if we were soulmates?" He rolled his eyes.
"Yes." She frowns.
"Sorry, but maybe..." he stops himself, not wanting to admit it out loud.
"Maybe Potter is your soulmate." She speaks his thoughts.
"Shut up, I wasn't gonna say that." He became flustered.
"Sure, we'll pretend that you're not in love with Harry Potter."
He slaps her mouth shut, "not so loud."
"Why? No one is homophobic sweetheart. You don't realize how many gay couples there are in this school."

Draco was strutting down the hallway, the second floor north wing to be exact.
He never ventured this hallway before, but was soon realizing why it was not so traveled. Not a single class room was there, only hidden window cills where people could hide and make out.
He noticed finnigan and Thomas snogging quite tenderly.
"Alright then." He hightailed out of there and went on with his mission to ask Harry out.