8.What Way are we going?

-Gee's P.O.V.-

I hum softly to myself in the last half of my Language Arts class, sketching out an image of a sunset, going down over New Jersey Bellville, where I live, as people just walk by it, seemingly not noticing the beauty there, except for one, who sits on a bench and simply has his head tilted upwards towards the beams of sun that hit his face, shining over his closed eyes, and he has the smallest of smiles, peaceful, simple... I sigh when I hear the bell, closing my sketchbook and hiding it in my folder again, standing.

I step out of my classroom into the sea of students, weaving through them, careful not to run into anyone. On my way to check up on Mikey before lunch like I do everyday, I see a bunch of guys, I realize my group of guys, grouping around a boy... the same one that I'd run into actually... and they seemed like they were going to hit him. Fuck... as much as I keep my posture in this group, I can't stand to see them hurt someone else...that's why I usually just walk away... no... I've gotta distract them...god dammit. "Hey guys, It's time to head out to lunch, I'm ordering a pizza." I say with a fake grin, which distracts them. They all turn their heads, like great dogs, "Gee-Way!! Pizza? Fuck yeah I'm in!" one chimes, heading over and the others follow, leaving the kid curled up where he was.... I walk to the lunch room with them, not even glancing back. That's twenty bucks out of my budget for fucking pizza just to save a fucking kid. Great. It's not like I can afford that shit... Well, to say the least, I didn't get to visit Mikes. I'll make it up to him by saving a piece of pizza.