15.Being the real me is dangerous is he worth it

Gerards p.o.v (while Frank was past out.)

After Frank passed out I get a better grip on his body and bolt to the nurse's office. I Ignore the yelling coming from the admisters in the office. I go to the nurse. I collapsed onto my knees still holding him

"Nurse please help. He cut himself and he's passed out. Help him."

"Someone call 911!" She yells. "I can't do anything for him. I'm a school nurse not a doctor." I look at her and nod a bit. I pull Frank closer rocking him back and forth.

"Come on Frank stay alive stay here. Don't die not yet." I whisper knowing he can't hear me. "Come on Frank fight. I'm so sorry." And before I know it paramedics are here and taking him from my arms.

"What happened?" They ask putting him on the gurney.

"Be cut his wrist all over they were deep. He started bleeding heavily then passed out." I tell them as they start rolling him away.

"Is there any other way out if the school without going through the front?" The lady asks.

"The back way though the teachers lounge it's the fastest way to get out." The principal says. They start rolling him though the back.

"Can I come?" I ask. Running after them.

"Are you family?"

"He's like my brother he's my best friend." Lying again.

"Alright." The man says with sympathy in his voice.. They lift him up and the lady goes to the front. I get the back she starts driving fast with the siren on. The man started undoing the bandages I did. He starts putting new gauze on his wrapping it tight to the point where frank's fingers are turning blue. He starts hooking machines up to Frank. "Did you do these?" He asks while cutting franks shirt off.

"Yeah." He says. I just realized in shirtless.

"He could've been dead before we got to him.if you didn't." He says. Attaching things to his chest. "We have a shaky heart beat!" He yells. The speed picks up. I grab his limp hand. While the man gets up to talk to the lady I talk to Frank.

"You have to fight. For me please." I whisper in his ear. The ambulance stops and the lady opens the door.

The start lifting Frank out I follow them. Until we pass the waiting room. Then I'm stopped by a nurse.

"Sir please wait in the waiting room." I nod and go sit down. I pull out my phone. And dail mikey.

"Hello?" He asks.

"Mikey." I say in a small shaky voice.

"Gerard what's wrong?" He asks his words laced with concern.

"A kid cut himself bad in the bathroom during fourth period and I tried to heal him but he was just bleeding. Too much and then he passed out and-"

"Where are you?" He asks.

"I'm at the hospital." I tell him.

"I'm on my way don't move." He hangs up. I pull my knees to my face and sit in a ball crying and shaking.

~

"Gerard." I hear mikey say I look up at him with my eyes puffy and red. "Are you okay?" He asks crouching down in front of me. I shake my head. "Why are you shirtless?"

"I made bandages out if my shirt to wrap his arms in.

" here you must be cold." He says standing and taking off his sweater and handing his too me. I reach up to get and I look at my hands they still have blood on them. "Gerard put the sweater on." He says. I do as told.

"It was my fault." I say looking at my hands. "It's my fault he's in there. I could have done something. I'd seen it happen so much but I never did anything. So many times I could have done something. But I didn't."

"You could have or should have but what good will this be blaming yourself for this."

"Flat liner!" I hear someone yell.

"Mikey...."

"Gerard we don't know if that him okay. Okay? You're gonna have to be strong and your gonna have to pull yourself together if you want to make what you did wrong right." He says I nod. "What's his name?" He asks.

"He said his name was Frank." I tell him.

"Was he short longish black hair wearing all black?" He asks his expression changing in an instant. I nod. Be sits in the chair next to me and holds his head. "Please don't die frank." I hear mikey repeat over and over again for an hour

"Frank iero?" I hear a doctor ask for the people who brought Frank in. Me and mikey stand up. We walk over to him. "You two are the ones who brought him in?"

"Yes." I answer.

"Frank died." He says pausing. "But we were able to revive him and he has ten stitches on his left wrist and fifteen on his right." The doctor says. I look at mikey

"Why would you lead with he died then pause for a long time what the hell is wrong with you?" Mikey asks.

"I'll admit I went about telling you two the wrong way. But he's alive a resting. He's sedated right now but he should wake up in a hour or so." He says. "You can see him." The doctor says before he tells us the room number then walking away. We go to his room. Mikey sits in the chair beside him. I stand at the end of his bed hearing the machines beep keeping track of his heart beat. His arms covered in gauze. And a iv in his hand. His hair out of his face.

"Gerard?" Mikey asks. I look at him.

"Yeah?" I ask. But before he can ask me whatever he was. "I'm gonna go for a walk." Before he can respond I walk out. I find the hospital garden. I sit on the bench and feel my pockets. I take out my cigarettes and my lighter. Note to self.

Get more cigarettes after getting groceries.

I have two left. I start on my first one. Taking my time with it. It's not the normal smoke it before someone sees. I'll be eighteen soon. But I enjoy this one. Letting the nicotine fill my lungs the burning sensation in my body.

Haldt way though my second one mikey comes running I to the garden I quickly put it out. He can't handle second hand smoke since he's asthmatic.

"Gerard." He says bending over and resting his hands on his knees.

"Yes what?" I ask. I hold up his hand.

"Give me a minute." He says trying to breath.

"Here." I try to give him his inhaler.

"I don't need it I just need to catch my breath." He says standing up.

"I've heard that before. Use it." I tell him. He sighs then uses it. "Better?" I ask.

"Much. But frank's awake." He says.

"Does he want to see me?" I ask.

"Just go talk to him." Mikey says walking back into the hospital I follow him back up to frank's room. He's sitting there with a blood trail on his bed next to him.