Ch. 2: Spring Closes in

Days were getting warmer, just a bit, and that ment soon pups would arrive. Stardust was still thinking of the names, and she requested her kids to think up names. Sylvie estimated that 6-7 pups would be born. they must come up with 7 boy names, and 7 girl names, in case they get 7 boys, 7 girls, or mix. They barely came up with names. Soon the time came for the pups to arrive, there were 4 boys and 3 girls. They figured out the names just in time too. they named the boys, Birch, Bear, Daniel, and Beach, they named the girls, Nyome, Opal, and Butterfly. Birch took after his mom, getting a silvery/grey coat, and crystal blue eyes, but with great upset he soon became blind in 1 eye, Bear had a greyish/brown coat, with stone grey eyes, Daniel had a silvery/brown coat, Beach had a sandy color fur coat with pale blue eyes, Nyome had a chocolate color fur with swirls of white like vanilla in chocolate ice-cream, she had clear brown eyes, Opal had a brownish/orangish color fur that was silvery, with clear amber eyes, Butterfly was a white wolf with black swirls, brown and orange dots and bigish ears for a pup, her eyes were almost black. Artemis favored Butterfly and Opal, but she wondered where all the brown and orange came from, her dad was an almost black wolf with emerald eyes. Stardust knew this was the time to talk. So, while the pups were in the den sleeping, Stardust rounded up her older pups. "Thor, Sylvie, and Artemis, I have something to tell you, you see those pups aren't your dad's...." Stardust said and flinched. "I knew something was up." Thor mumbled. "Then who's are they?" Artemis demanded. "Their dad is Bevus.....Of the beaver clan." Stardust said slowly. "Hold up, Bevus, of the Beaver clan? His name sounds like a beaver name." Sylvie laughed. "I think that's the point." Artemis whispered. "Oh." Sylvie whispered. "Well, why isn't he helping you?" Thor demanded. "Our love wasn't to be, he has a mate, and my mate's dead!" Stardust said dramatically. Thor just rolled his eyes, but he knew what she ment. It started to snow, and the pack went into the den.

Soon it got much warmer, and the pups started to be able to leave the den with their mom. They were now able to eat regurgitated food. They all had a favorite family member, Opal and Butterfly favored Artemis, only because Artemis wouldn't allow anyone go near them, and get acquainted with them, she always snarled at Thor when he tried to get close, she lets Sylvie get close to examine them, because she was a good medicine wolf. Soon it was close to the end of May, and the pups could finally dig their teeth in real food.