Ch. 12: The Floods Submerge

Stardust exited the den while looking at the sleeping remaining of her pups, and went out to scout the area she looked at the River which was back to normal, and wasn't violent. She promised her pups that she would check the den today. Stardust went across the narrow part of the river and looked there were a few puddles and mud, but it looked save to cross. Stardust went across the little stream which was back to normal. That was pleasant to know. She crossed the place where she hunted a few hours before they lost Nyome. There was still a faint scent of the pups. Stardust went farther, and farther. She decided to visit her old den and the spot where she use to meet Samuel. She laid her paw on an engravement on the ground that said "S & S Bffs Forever" She started to wish she never was his friend. She remembered the last time she saw him as a friend, then remembered the most recent run in with him, where he killed Birch. Stardust knew Opal blamed herself on all the deaths, she always said "If only I was quick enough." "If only Daniel didn't save me." "If only that wolf scooped me up and not Bear." "If only I was strong enough to save Nyome." And most recently, "If only The Death Pack took me." Stardust understood that one, she always asked that question after her brother was taken. Stardust went to her old den, it still had engravements of fights, and still had a faint smell of fear, death, and blood. Stardust skewed her ears to the side as she slid her paw along the entrance, memories came back, good and bad. As ghosts of memories visited her, she remembered the female wolf from yesterday, the wolf was Emily, one of her sister's pups, that The Death Pack took. She went into the old den than went out after a few minutes. She then went to the den most of her litters was born in and when she checked inside it was a little wet, but save to live in. When she went back out, she nodded her head content. As she went out, she decided to visit her sister, after all she was nearby. It was June her littermate, who greeted her with wide paws. "Stardust! How are you?" June asked. "Grieving." Stardust answered. "Oh, The Death Pack came recently, right, they took dear Emblen, we have 4 remaining pups thankfully." June said trying to smile. June's mate Blade came out and greeted Stardust. "I saw Emily, the day Beach was taken by The Death Pack." Stardust said trying not to forget. "Emily? You mean my daughter who was taken by The Death Pack?" June asked tilting her head. Stardust nodded. "She came with a Death Pack General, I'm guessing he was her mentor, not a good one at that. She looked uneasy, and retreated, she also threw me this." Stardust said revealing the amulet. "The amulet to lift the curse?" June said suppressed. "Yes, I know, it's because my pup Opal has 'The Gift' any of your pups, have it?" Stardust asked putting the amulet back into her fur. June shook her head. "Oh, well, I should get going, bye!" Stardust exclaimed and went back to where they were staying.