Ch. 11: Mysterious Figure

It was a misty morning when every wolf woke up. No one dared to leave the den in fear of something snatching them. Stardust looked scared, and worried. "Mom what's wrong?" Opal asked sympathetically. "Oh nothing, just hoping my assumptions are wrong." Stardust answered almost whispering. Artemis was wrapping her tail around Opal and Butterfly, lest something shall grab them. Even Thor was a little tense, staring at the entrance baring his teeth. No one dared move a lot. It was dead silent, no birds chirping, no bugs humming, no scampering, no paw steps, not even a slight howl in the distance. Sylvie laid in a corner looking at a engravement that she recreated from the old den, in memory of Nyome. 'What if she did live?' Sylvie thought looking at the den entrance. 'If she was alive, what is keeping her from coming?' Sylvie thought putting her paw on the engravement. Sylvie didn't want to leave the pack, lest when she did Nyome would come and live with them wondering why Sylvie abandoned her. Opal got up and stepped over Artemis's tail and walked over to Sylvie, to comfort her. She laid next to her. "Sylvie it's ok, I miss her too." Opal said laying her head on her paws. Sylvie looked lovingly at her little sister and wrapped her tail around her. Artemis glared over at Sylvie, but remembered Nyome was possibly dead. Opal stared at the entrance uneasy, sensing a dark presence. She heard an eerie howl that perked her fur up on edge. Stardust quickly got up and growled. A wolf came in hesitantly. She looked back uneasy. She stared at Stardust in the eyes. Stardust thought she looked familiar and realized who she was. The wolf with white, black, and orange in her fur, her tail was fluffy and white with black and orange streaks across it, she had clear blue eyes. The wolf retreated out of the den, and a mysterious figure went in, he was a white wolf with glowing blue eyes, he looked transparent like a ghost. Opal escaped Sylvie's tail trying to get a closer look. The wolf approached her and was about to pick her up, when Beach got in the way and was picked up instead. The wolf didn't seem to care that he picked up a different pup. Opal lunged at the wolf and bit his hind leg, in was a little slimy but she found a hold. "Opal, I understand now, I'm supposed to be taken, let go, and forgive me for being such a fool." Beach said tearing up. Opal reluctantly let go. "I forgive you." She whispered as she saw the wolf disappear with Beach out the den. The female peaked in her head and nodded at Stardust when she left, she swung her tail into an amulet flinging it into the den, where Stardust caught it. She dropped it on the ground. It was the amulet that told how to lift the curse! Stardust stared at the shocked Opal and hid the amulet in her fur. Opal now had 1 littermate remaining and she promised herself to protect her as much as possible. Opal went over to Butterfly and wrapped her tail around her, than Artemis wrapped her tail around them.