Ch. 7: The Curses

Opal couldn't sleep all night, she was too excited to hear about the curses, although she knew her mom had to do her daily hunting, Thor had to do his daily scouting, and Sylvie may have to get mor herbs, because yesterday she used a whole lot because of the attack, first. When the sun rose Opal rushed Thor, Sylvie, and Stardust out of the den to do their jobs. Nyome refused to go this time, for her paws ached for helping Sylvie get herbs almost every day. Sylvie looked a little hurt, but she understood and left without Nyome. "I WANT to be a medicine wolf, but whenever I try to help Sylvie, I give her the wrong thing! And when she tells me to put experiments on bunnies, or rodents, they always die! Oh, I'll never learn medicine!" Nyome cried. Butterfly and Opal tried to comfort Nyome. Beach looked absently at the den entrance hoping there was a mistake and one of his brothers were still alive. "Nyome you'll get there you just need to have a little faith." Butterfly said. Beach bitterly looked at Opal, wondering if her brothers said anything to her. Suddenly Opal's eyes had a hint of blue in them and the blue grew, she looked a bit frightened, "B-Birch, Bear, Daniel....Oh, I'm so sorry You're all are dead you died because of me...." Opal said looking around. Beach went over to a lonely corner and laid down. "Opal, we have come to warn you about the den, there is going to be a rain, that will flood it and the rivers, you must move out NOW!" Birch exclaimed. Opal's face was shocked. 'Leave or home? The One we were born in the one we lost them, the one where......their graves were?' Opal thought gravely. Artemis woke up, and Opal told her what she heard. Artemis just let them go out of the den. Artemis then howled a howl that calls family back. First Sylvie arrived with herbs in a human basket she found. Thor soon arrived, then Stardust with a newborn elk in her mouth. "We have to go; floods will come soon." Artemis said quickly. "Let's let the Pups eat first, and I'll tell them about the curses." Stardust said. Artemis nodded. Thor took Artemis and Sylvie out to eat an elk carcass Stardust took down earlier that day. Nyome, Butterfly, Beach, and Opal went around the carcass and started to eat. "Ok first I'll tell you about the curse of Amethyst Mountain, Its Curse is 'The Curse Of Disease' It's a disease that swoops in at random moments, it usually kills half or more of pack wolves, sometimes it comes more than once. The curse of Slough Creek, is 'The Curse of The Death pack' A ghostly figure comes and takes a pup every litter, either when they were just born, or later, there is no way to keep it from happening, wolves think they are a pack of dead wolves that lost their whole pack and a wolf witch cursed the land to make them take 1 pup of each pack every litter. The curse of Lost River is 'The Curse of Destruction' A big cloud like thing shaped like a dragon with lightning destroys almost every living thing in its way, can force packs to leave their territory. Those are the curses." Stardust said adverting her gaze. "D-did the blood pack come yet?" Opal asked worried. Stardust shook her head. Opal widened her eyes and looked back at her siblings, any of them, or her could be taken from the Blood Pack! 'Of course.' Opal thought gazing at the sky where grey clouds were rounding up.