Ch. 13: Moving Back

Stardust woke up Opal, and Butterfly and fed them before they left. They crawled out the den and headed down the mountain. Sylvie picked up Butterfly, and Artemis picked up Opal. Stardust went across the river in the shallow part and waved them to follow her. They were a little uneasy because this is where Nyome was swept away. They crossed it without losing Opal or Butterfly. They soon stopped to hunt and put Opal and Butterfly in the bushes. Sylvie and Artemis were left by them again, as Thor and Stardust hunted. "I wish Beach was here to go back to the den." Opal said skewing her ears. "It's not your fault, it's destiny's fault." Butterfly said trying to comfort Opal. "Who's Destiny?" Opal asked. "No one, well wolves are named Destiny, but that's not the point, your 'destiny' is what defines you, and happens in the future, and has already happened." Butterfly said laughing. "How'd you know that but not me?" Opal asked. "Big brain." Butterfly answered pointing her paw at her head, Opal shook her head, "Alright, Sylvie told me." "Sylvie! That makes sense!" Opal exclaimed. Thor and Stardust came over and let them eat chunks of elk meat. Sylvie scooped up Butterfly, and Artemis picked up Opal, then they went back on their journey, they crossed the now timid stream, and hiked their way to their abandon den to reclaim it. When they reached it, Stardust dug a bit because the rain caused it to droop. they dropped Opal, and Butterfly and they ran into the den happy to be back home. Sylvie went in and looked at the engravement that was etched into the side of the wall that said, "S and N BSF" (BSF stands for 'best sisters forever') Sylvie sighed and lay as close to in as possible. Opal saw this and went over to comfort her.