Ch. 15: A Suprise Finding

Stardust crawled out of the den thankful that they moved back. She didn't "hate" the den they were staying in when the flood was here, it just wasn't home. Stardust started to go scouting the territory, today she ran into June, and another sibling also scouting. They said rouge wolves were attacking the "Beaver Pack" and they scented, some "Beaver Pack" in the territory. Stardust tilted her head suddenly interested. She started to smell for some "Beaver Pack" wolves, she smelled some that was a very fresh scent. She smelled harder, there were 2, she smelled Harder and realized they were pups, a little younger than Opal, who was probably sulking in the den around now. Stardust skewed her ears to the side, Butterfly died last night, and left Opal in tears. Stardust promised herself she would rescue these Beaver pack pups! She ran over to them, there was a giant Grizzly towering over them about to attack, but she Jumped at him and started to fight. "Stay behind me you two." Stardust said over her shoulder. The 2 pups listened to her, they might not know her but, they had a feeling that she was good, and not going to kill them. Stardust scared the grizzly off. "Is it ok if I take you to my den?" Stardust said trying to smile. "Uh, sure." The darker pup said. "As long as we wouln't be alone, its fine with me!" A very light brown pup exclaimed. "What are your names?" Stardust asked. "I'm Maple and she is Hazel, we were abandoning by our dad." The darker brown wolf growled. "Bevus?" Stardust asked shocked. Hazel nodded. "You know him???" Maple exclaimed shocked. "Yes, he's the father of my litter, we had a little affair before you were born, and after my mate died." Stardust said. "You have pups?" Hazel exclaimed her eyes lighting up. "I did, I have one left, Opal, she lost her last littermate yesterday." Stardust said sadly. "Aw that's sad." Hazel whimpered. Stardust scooped up Hazel and motioned Maple to follow her. They arrived at the den around dusk. Hazel and Maple felt at home almost immediately.