Chapter 8: Strange. (pt-1)

WARNING: LONG
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 days later...

Arnab POV:
We stepped out of our car, onto the pathed road. The garden was MASSIVE, it was twice as our garden but it wasn't anywhere near the modernity of our house. Is mordernity a word? ... shrugs* eh, who cares?

The transfer is official, today we are settling into this mansion for my offlicial school year for maybe...the next two years? Don't know how I'll be accepted but hopefully miss. Cheng can argue less.

POV ENDS...

Alice POV:
Today is the Transfer, I was litterally not included in the decision. Well...I was informed, apperantly Arnab and Lina are moving-in because their school is "too far". I can't say No! however stupid and idiotic that dutta boy is, his parents and sister is just as nice, pleseant and RESONABLE. 

POV ends...

Alice opened the windows in her room and watched the Dutta's leave their kids on the front porche, 4-5 different servants from Alice's house reached for them and carried their bags, Arnab and Lily didn't let them do all the work though. Alice couldn't care enough though, she thought back to her first reaction to the hearing about the transfer. Her condemed self, or atleast how much she tried to condemn herself. The number of why's, no's, sighs eveything. She suddenly looked down to the porche again and no longer was there anyone.

Alicie POV: They are probably coming in

She looked to the door of her room...it was already open awaiting the only son of the Dutta family. He was going to stay in Alice's room. That's probably why the No's were included. Lina was gonna live with Sanvi. Josh is not allowed to share his room, treatment after him coming back from his hostel.

Meanwhile...
Together the brother, sister duo walked towards the house. It would be a long walk for them though.  Before the house a fountain filled with lotuses was centering the entire garden, stones filled a path.

Lina POV:
There are too many stones, how can I not trip on one? yep, just as I expected I tripped on an unnessesary stone on the grass and flower bed created by the fallen flowers of the row of  Pink Dogwood trees on either sides of the fountain.

Arnab: Woah...are you ok?
I landed in a proposal position balancing myself to avoid hitting the ground

Me: Yeah...go ahead I'll be there in a bit

Arnab: Ok? You aren't that hurt though right?

Me: Ofcourse not! bro, I landed still standing and you think someone can get hurt?

Someone can get hurt...I lied. My ankle could have screamed in pain but all it could do was trobbing and pain with even the slightest movement. Arnab walked ahead and I tried following. I swear he still realized I'm in pain though. He occassionally glanced back at me and I faked my pain by walking like my usual self. The pain however started to heal when Arnab finally lost his suspicions. I guess fake it till you make it actually works!

We grew distance between us while walking then though. I was still trying to make sure whether my feet was fine and suddenly I heard an un-usual gush of wind, it was not a wind. I jumped back and with a thud the spine-chilling, cold, siler knife stabbed the side of the tree which...could have been my head.

I screamed. Probably to loud.

Arnab looked back and came running, but I was to stunned I took his support to stop my shivering body and reached for the stab marking on the tree. A slit, which was expected appeared, but along with that two more slit's were one the tree shaping: