Chapter 10: Less dead than you think (pt-2)

Lex's flashback broke by the sudden wind blowing the hair on his eyes

She's back...

Lex eyes widden when he saw the open window. He didn't leave it open. He trembled over to the window and closed it making sure he locked it correctly. He sighed in relief and decided to go back until...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The ejen troop took off their ear buds.
"what the hell..." moon wispered but maybe it not because of Lex's shreaking scream because they all stiffened in shock or fear looking at the screen. The door projected the dimmly lit room behind it, but anything or...anyone too close could still be seen. And from under the orange light a shadow of a hood figure emerged. 
----
Khai: is it...is it the same one from the street
----

The figure had it's hands in it's pocket but soon took one hand out which emerged with a KNIFE. The hooded figure shreaked in laughter and soon the whole apartment went black.

The Next Day...

Lina POV:
I'm so tired, but atleast it's the weekend. The youngest cousin of the Kheng family will arrive in the evening. FUCK! like seriously evening? I can't wait that long. I insisted Mary, Luke and even Aunty to show me his picture. But they won't budge. The only thing they are saying is "You'll see" or "You'll really like him but, patients is key". Urghhhhhhh! I'm bored...

I walked down the stair's and, as usual Sudha was sitting on the couch reading a newspaper and Alice getting back from her gym, why does she even go there, she's just 10. Anyways, greeted by Luke who slid down the staircase rail immidiately scolded by Alice. I laughed and jumped as I felt a pair of hands on either sides of my shoulder. I turned back and sighed, Arnab laughed and I punched his shoulder. His sheepish laugh still continued but I rolled my eyes and we both went downstairs, Breakfast will be served soon. Santosh greeted us and We walked over to the kitchen. 

Guess it's gonna be a long day.
POV ends....

In the Evening...
Santosh thanked the guest that came over to the house and guided him to the door, a usual formality. And just as the clock truck 5:30 pm Life felt alive in the house. Everyone including Arnab, Lina, Alice, Luke, Maya even Josh and Sanvi decided to come. Sudha and shanaya emerged from the living space near the kitchen all gathering at the center of the house.

Lina & Arnab POV:
It was a bit awkward at first everyone was staring at the door but soon everything was good and it felt like a re-union party, kinda was right? The boy was about my height but like a few inches smaller, sheesh he was tall for his age cuz I'm taller than any 10 year old at school making him a giraffe. lol

He looked pretty chill, nice, kind but a bit quite though we was smiling and vibing with all the siblings. 

- Arnab POV (specifically): I turned to look at Alice but she was like 4 feet away smiling at her little cousin and everyone cheering over him.let me make it clear. SHE WAS SMILING! I think she noticed. OFCOURSE SHE DID SHE JUST LOOKED AT ME! She glared at me and tried to blend into the crowd. What's with her?! What did I do to make her hate me so much???
Single pov ends...

--------------------------

I know its short but hope you enjoy. My mental health is declincing again and I have to recover because school starts next week and a few of my classmates have already started a whole drama. hope u know what I mean...