Chapter 9: Your Fragments in the Shadow (pt-2)

yt short: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/bJWAe2KFxe0
I LOVE THIS ARTWORK!! I JUST HOPE THEY CONFESS WHEN THEY ARE 12!?!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arnab and Lina tried to squint their eyes trying to see if she could recognize her if she's blured but no, they'd never seen her in that house before. Her hair drapped half of her face but, she wasn't shy or atleast her eye's didn't say so.

Sudha: you? you said you would comeback yesterday
Sudha's voice sounded much deeper as though, she was displeased with her at the frontdoor. Or the very existance of that girl. And wait, did she say comeback?

She coughed a fake cough and stated she was a bit busy talking about how to take better care of Shelly.

Josh: Let me correct you there, shelly MA'AM!
???: Yes...sir.
Sudha: well, hope I don't have to invite you to go inside, Mary.

Arnab and Lina's head went back and forth watching the cold war of Sudha v.s this Mary girl. Mary hurtled for the stairs giving a awkward glanced at everyone in the room before she ran up the backstairs which was kept clean from the morning after Arnab, and Lina discovered Shelly's room.

Lina: Aunty, who is she?
Lina managed to get Sudha's attention who looked up from her gaze on the floor, aggitated by Mary, that's for sure. 

Sudha: um, well...She's Shelly's nurse.
Arnab: a nurse?
Arnab looked questionately at Sudha politely asking for an answer
Arnab: well, she looks a few years older than me...
Sudha: yes she's doing an internship, she wants to persue the stream of medical and...she needs money. So, we appointed a nurse.
Arnab: oh...

Santosh: she was appointed a long time ago, presumably 3 and a half years ago.

From the corner of Lina's eye she saw Alice move uncomortably and the ejen troop saw it too.
-----
Khai: 3.5 years ago...what can that mean
Moon: shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Iman: wait, didn't Sudha or santosh say 4 years ago something happened during that party like 2 weeks ago...
Khai: Oh yea-
Rudy:  plz, shut the fuck up
Alicia: LANGUAGE LANDEK!
Rudy: ok ok shesh! sorry...but just listen.
-----
Sudha: Anyways, off to dinner with all of you.

A few hours later...

Lina was full and so was her brain, her ears were numb and her stomach Kept larching as she walked down the corridor to her new bedroom. She was so done with today but her body wasn't, everything even the sound of the door knob were peculiar to her today. The door brushed gentlly against the floor and just as always, her second step on the bedroom rug was greeted by a Hello.

Maya was sitting on her bed making a paper flower. A blue rose. She didn't turn to look at Maya but gently closed the door behind her. Claw markings on the Laywer's body, said to be a dog, but there wasn't any dog in the house.

Maya: hello? sherlock?
Maya giggled a bit as she saw Lina glance at her

Maya: hello? earth to Lina!
She got up and walked over to Lina who was still too curious to sit down.

Maya: hey, what are you thinking about?
Maya stood right infront of Lina ready for her answer to be something funny, but, it wasn't anything close to funny. Lina firmly gripped Maya's shoulder's looking into her eyes with a rather serious expression, Maya's smile faded and she looked into Lina's eye's one by one.

Maya: w-what happen-
Lina: Maya...

Maya: yes?
Lina: Can you tell me what happened in the morning?
Maya: Oh
Maya sighed in relief releasing from Lina's grip. Her half smile returned to her face and she walked up to her bed tidying up the mess she'd made.

Maya: you already heard about it right. Actually, I couldn't wrap my head around it. He said a dog attacked him and HE DID HAVE CLAW MARKS! but, in the house??? like we don't own any, Or atleast from what I know-