꒰ა 𝘰𝘯𝘦 ໒꒱

   𝙏𝙃𝙀 houses appeared simple and classic. 

 Lana observed each structure as the car pulled into the neighborhood. 

 Each houses subtly different as they continue down the street. 

Static infested radio rings throughout the otherwise silent car, the comfortable atmosphere giving the siblings enough warmth alone. 

The three siblings were driving separate from their parents, who were navigating the new roads in a truck full of the family belongings.

The music softens as the car crosses out of range. 

"I really think you should give this a chance," Luke glances over at Lana in the passengers seat. 

"Luke, give it up." The girl sighs, watching the latch of the moving truck in front of them rattle as the truck turns into a drive way. 

"I'm just saying, It's a nice place. Plus we finally have a garage for practice, just like we've always wanted." He smiles, shutting the car off, opting to park in the street in front of the house, out of the way of the truck.

The girl groans as she leans against the car window, tired of her brothers' words already. 

The topic was brought up close to a hundred times throughout the hours spent on the road. 

Lana had been born in São Paulo when her mom met her father, where they lived for two years before moving to New York where they then divorced and the girls' mother married another man and thus another family bloomed. 

The family originally lived in New York City, but after Lana's father gave up full rights of custody, her mother and step father were finally free to move out to Germany, where Lana's step father used to live with his parents.

The door was abruptly opened, causing the girl to harshly be pulled back by her seatbelt to catch her fall. 

"Rude," she mumbles as she undoes her seatbelt as Luke moved on to waking up Bruna from the back seat. 

Lana slams the door shut, stretching her body out from its stiff condition caused from hours of nonstop travel.

The house was a decent sized, well lived in, two story home. An equal match to the surrounding builds. 

"Lana! Come greet your grandma," Elias, the girls' step father shouts from the porch of the house, standing next to the warm looking elderly woman.

She had never met her grandparents from his side of the family, not being allowed to travel out of the country until just recently. 

The girls' footsteps were heavy as she dragged herself up the driveway and up the few steps onto the porch.

She was nervous to greet her grandmother, despite having talked to her several times over the phone, this felt way more real.

Before she could get a word out, Lana was being forced into a hug from the warm old woman. 

"You're even more beautiful than in the pictures!" Lana's eyes widen as the woman holds her face tightly, absorbing her granddaughter for the first time in person.

"It seems like you're playing favorites, Oma," Bruna laughs from her place at the bottom of the steps, a playful pout on her face. 

"You've had your turns already before, hush up." The woman grins watching them all laugh at her antics. 

"Okay, Ma, that's enough. We've been traveling forever, let's get inside," Elias ushers his mother away from the kids and inside. 

The young girl just watches as they all pile into the home, smiling faces brightening the dimly lit walls. 

"Are we just gonna stand here, or what?" A heavy arm is thrown over the girls' shoulder as her brother stops besides her.

"I'm scared," it's mumbled over lips but the boy understands none the less her problem. 

"Well, it's not exactly big city New York, but it's still full of chances." He holds her closer as he guides her into the home, and into the kitchen with everyone else. 

Conversations flowed through the room, greetings and catching up between family beamed over the air.

It was no New York or São Paulo, but Germany seemed to welcome Lana with open arms.