⋆𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳⋆

𝙏𝙒𝙊 pairs of deep brown eyes observe the five new intruders in their kitchen. 

Lana paused her sorting, absorbing the two.

The slightly taller boy had shorter hair, spiked up all around except for a slicked down bang, with an eyebrow piercing above his right eye.

The other had long dreads, mixed between brunet and blond, tied up with his head covered by a hat, a lip piercing on the side of his mouth.

The girl was broken out of her trance as Simone ushered them to sit at the table, in the empty seats across from Lana.

"I don't think you all have met yet; these are my sons, Bill and Tom," The woman introduces the boys, who offer nods and smiles of greetings.

"We were just playing cards, Lana here is on a winning streak and we desperately need a new winner," Elias, reaches over Bruna to steal back all the marbles to redistribute to restart new.

"Hey it's not my fault you all just suck." The girl leans back in her chair, listening to the laughs around the table, including the twins in front of her.

"What are we playing?" Bill had an excited look in his eyes as he collected the appropriate about of marbles.

As everyone explained the rules of the game, the cards were dealt out.

As the ruling suit was placed down, bets began, playful glares shared around, taunting each other.

"I still don't get it," Tom mumbled, looking at his cards confused, we were all waiting on him to add his bet in.

Bill was hunched over to prevent his twin from looking at his cards.

"You know what? Let's play teams!" The Bordeau family would all team up when the girls were younger, as they never got the grasp of figuring out the plays on their own.

"Seriously?" Bruna groaned, she always had a thing against team games, too competitive to rely on another person to win.

"Pipe down, team up with dad," Luke rolled his eyes, and everyone started shuffling around to team up.

Simone with their mom, Elias with Bruna, Bill with Luke, and Lana with Tom, as Gordon opted to be the dealer.

Lana smiled shyly at the boy, the two being forced to sit closely to each other at the end of the table.

"I don't get how you're so good at this. I'm so confused," the boy had a habit of smiling with the side of his mouth, Lana noted. 

"Years and years of practice will do that to a girl." Lana laughed  as she took the boys cards, showing him how to properly sort them for the game. 

The rules changed when you teamed up, which ended in even more confusion from Tom.

The girl tried to ignore the burning stare on the side of her head as she looked at all their cards together, deciding on the best first play. 

"Here, put one blue into the pot," she absentmindedly placed a marble into his warm hand, choosing to not acknowledge the smirk resting on the boys lips as their hands touched. 

Cheerful laughs and smiles were shared around the table as the rounds went on. The adults all sharing cheeky glances at each other as they watched their children interact.

As the two got more comfortable, Lana and Tom bickered back and forth, the boy often getting hit playfully by the girl at all his stupid remarks towards her. 

 They grew more confident as the marbles began to pile up in front of them, trophies of their victory. 

"Okay, now this is just unfair," Bruna pouts, throwing her remaining cards down, becoming shy as everyone laughs.

"The food should be done shortly, I think it's good to start setting the table," Simone spoke up, making everyone begin to put the cards and marbles away.

Lana hands Tom the cards while she takes handfuls of marbles, placing them into the small bowl they came from.

"I think we make a pretty good team," The boy grins over at her after handing Gordon their cards.

"I definitely carried, don't get too cocky," she waves him off jokingly, getting up to go help in the kitchen as Simone hands Bill plates and such for the table.

A burning stare followed her as she took the silverware, laughing as she talked with Bill while they set things out.

As she was moving around, warmth stuck to her skin, and Lana pulled off the jacket, finally getting to feel the cool air hit her. 

"Woah, that looks really cool," Bill grins, pushing away some of the stray hairs away from the girl's neck, taking in the dainty lines.

The girl was surprised by those words, eyes widening as the other twin appears behind her with his brother, two pairs of eyes now observing her. 

"Didn't take you as the type of girls to have tattoos," Tom's words washed over her as his calloused fingertips ghosted along the lines on her skin.

"My dad did them back in New York last month," Lana pulls away from his touch, turning to face them as she leans back on the table.

"Your dad's in New York?" The boy's eyes glinted in curiosity, as they glanced at the group standing in the kitchen a few feet away from them, in their own conversation.

"Elias is my step father, my dad owns his own tattoo shop in the city. He got a matching design on his arm." The girl smiled softly, knowing that she at least had something of her dad with her, here in Germany. 

"He sounds great," Bill matched the girl's soft smile, "I've been wanting to get something done for a while now." He seemed excited as he spoke.

"Oh really? And what would you get?" She wasn't surprised by this at all, by a single glance, you could tell the boy would be into such a thing.

"Well, we're in a band, and I've been wanting to get our symbol tattooed somewhere," He grinned as he explained, Tom smirking next to his brother as he watched Lana's eyes grew curious.

"Wait, you guys are in a band?" The girl always had a special interest in music, having played instruments all her life along with Luke and Bruna.

"Yea! It's us and two of our friends. Our band is called Tokio Hotel," Bill's eyes were bright while Tom went to lean against the table with Lana, his eyes never leaving her.

"That's so cool! Are you guys signed or anything?" She was genuinely interested, amusedly looking between the twins.

"Nah, we're still waiting for that," Tom spoke up, "But don't worry, we'll sign stuff for you when we get famous." He smirked at her, making her roll her eyes.

"You're real confident, aren't you?" Bill laughed at her words, the three of them smiling at each other.

"You know you like it, Lana" Tom laughed as her hand hit his shoulder.

She just made two new best friends.