⋆𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯⋆

SPARKS

❝𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 ──

── 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪❞

𝙒𝙃𝙀𝙉 Lana was little, the girl used to place her father's hands over her ears when she got anxious. 

As the girl grew, her hands replaced his, cupping into domes over skin to block out the sound of the moving world around her. 

Anything to make the sounds of life dim for even just a moment. 

Her mind replayed the sight of seeing flashing lights and the heavy siren through the windshield of the car as they followed behind the ambulance. 

Then moved to the next of watching paramedics push the girl into the emergency room doors as she stumbled from the backseat of the car to find her mom. 

The memories felt like nothing more than a silent montage of scenes fueled by the heavy beating of her heart crashing against her ribcage. 

Everything felt so loud in the moment. The blaring sirens, the loud voice over the intercom that could be heard throughout the cold, sterile hallways, the sobs from people in the waiting room, and beeping of heart monitors from rooms they passed.  

It felt like her heart was beating in her throat, preventing her from taking a deep breath as she watched with wide eyes and long strides behind Simone to find the room her sister was taken to. 

Lana had explained in broken words to the woman what had happened, and she stayed crying on Tom's shoulder the whole ride there. 

The hospital was frigid as they walked, and Lana only had her socks and slides from when she woke up not even an hour before. 

Her sleep shorts hung on her body as the thin tank top was poorly covered by Bill's jacket he'd put on her as they arrived. 

As they rounded the corner, Lana could see Luke standing in the doorway to a room with her mother beside him. 

"Luke?" Her voice was soft, as if her mouth was laced with sticky honey that did its best to not let her speak.

His head snapped to look at her, and the bloodshot eyes were evident even from across the hall. 

He said nothing, he just wrapped her in his arms, pressing her head against his shoulder, cupping his hand over her ear while she listened to his heartbeat. 

When her eyes opened, she could see Bruna on a hospital bed, covered by the thin white blanket.

Her eyes were closed, but the heart monitor showed normal rhythms as nurses were around the room, collecting and observing things.