⋆𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦⋆

AFFECTION

❝𝙄'𝙢 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 ──

── 𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚𝙨❞

HER body laid limp on Bill's otherwise empty bed, his room practically pitch black as he sat on the side, his head resting back onto the mattress as she faced away from him, curled up on top of the blankets. 

There was nothing to say. 

He wasn't sure what the right thing to do in this situation was. 

It was Friday night, and Lana had no plan on moving from her position. 

"You know," Bill spoke softly, pausing to see if she was responsive, only to receive nothing, so he continued, "We're planning on sending some of our songs to some labels. We were wondering if you'd listen to them over before we send them."

Bill didn't know how to address what she was going through, so he figured a distraction was better at the moment.

He waited for a response of any kind but all he got was silence. 

With a gentle sigh, he dragged himself to his feet and carefully stepped around the dark room, leaving a crack in the door as he left.

Now Lana was just left with her thoughts.

Her body felt so heavy and she couldn't tell if it was from low blood sugar from not eating yet, or because of the empty feeling in her chest. 

Light flooded into the room from the hallway as the door softly swung open again.

Goosebumps rose on her skin as cold fingers met with her shoulder. 

"Hey, sweetheart." Lana didn't know who she was expecting to walk in, but it wasn't them.

Lana's head shakily rolled over, staring the person in the eye despite her low energy.

"How are you feeling?" She let her head fall heavily against the pillow as an answer to the very obvious question.

"Do you mind if I sit with you?" The girl dragged herself over to one side of the bed, allowing space as the woman gently brought herself onto the bed.

"Bill told me about what happened," Simone felt horrible watching as Lana's emotions seemed to crumble all around her, "I know you really wanted to see him, but believe me when I tell you that he would be here if he was able to."