1

Liam Green-

I sat on the chair, my hands under my thighs as I stared in front of me with a straight face.

No matter how many times I told myself to be happy today, I couldn't bring myself to smile for the happy people around me.

" Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to Liam. Happy Birthday to you " Everyone sang in a weird way.

" Blow out the candles, Li " My mom spoke happily.

" Blow out da candles, LiLi " I heard my baby sister giggle as she spoke.

I stared at the simple cake in front of me that had 'Happy 24th Birthday' written on it with red icing, the word happy almost unreadable and the B in Birthday slightly smudged.

I will always find it a mystery as to why my mom lets us write the words on birthday cakes.

I didn't even ask for a cake- or a party. I absolutely hated my birthday.

Don't be a party pooper Elias, my wolf, laughed.

I didn't even know they had planned a party until 30 minutes ago, which was when I got home from letting Elias run through the woods for a few hours, letting him have full control as I hid in the back of my mind. Completely and utterly detached from the world.

I looked up from the cake, looking around the table to see my two younger sisters and my younger brother staring at me expectantly.

My mom and dad were standing behind me. My mom holding my littlest sister so she wasn't running around wreaking havoc.

I took a breath, leaning down and blowing out the 24 candles that were placed way too closely together.

" Yay, LiLi!!" I forced a smile as my littlest sister giggled and my other two sisters clapped like I had just done something amazing.

I was still seated on the chair, my hands still under my thighs as my father went to cut the cake. Which I assume to be chocolate cake since everyone in my family deemed vanilla boring and gross a long time ago.

I don't agree with that Elias hummed I like Vanilla more than Chocolate

Me too I agreed

My dad set the first piece in front of me, smiling as he stabbed a fork into it.

Thats a little creepy Elias spoke causing me to smile for a moment.

My siblings all sat down at the table along with my mom, my dad still standing and cutting the cake, setting pieces of cake in front of my family members.

I smiled forcibly, the cake in front of me left untouched as I folded my arms over my chest, wanting to disappear.

" I'll be back " I murmured before leaving the table.

They liked my birthday more than I did, which I don't understand completely. It's just a day. The day that my mother gave birth to me.

I don't really know why they cared about it at all.

If anything, a birthday should celebrate the one who birthed a child, AKA my mom. She did all the work.

But I guess that's what Mother's Day is for.

I shut the door to the bathroom quietly, putting the toilet seat down so I could sit down on it.

I didn't even get to sit down before there was a knock at the bathroom door.

" Hold on " I sighed, rubbing a hand over my face to get ready to face whoever was standing on the opposite side of the door.

I gripped onto the doorknob, opening the door to see my younger brother, but even though he was years younger, he was closer to my age than the rest of my siblings were.