9

Liam Green-

" You're smiling " I grin.

" The food is good " He stated simply.

" I'm glad you like it " I hum with a forkful of spaghetti in my mouth, looking down at my food as I ate, enjoying the company I had to eat my food with. " I'll cook for you whenever you want "

" This is a one time thing " He emphasized his words which made me look up at him and stop chewing for a minute.

" We aren't friends and we aren't going to be friends " He stated " How don't you get that? " He continued

His rejection made me feel small, because the way he was rejecting me wasn't a simple 'I reject you, Liam Green, as my mate' because he wasn't a wolf.

His rejection was just a line of insults to try to get his point across.

And he succeeded. He was trying to belittle me and make it known he didn't want me. And he succeeded.

" You are the definition of naive " He ran a hand through his hair, shaking his head softly " Because even though I've told you time and time again- "

" Stop " I cut him off

" I'll stop when you get it through your thick skull that I don't like you! " He continued, raising his voice.

" Stop " I repeat, my voice quiet.

" Why should I? You obviously don't understand that guys can't be together. It doesn't matter what their feelings are, it's wrong! "

" Because you're mine " I took a breath, looking at my mate at he processed my words.

" Yours? " He stated with a questionable tone.

" Yea- mine " Suddenly, a laugh escaped his lips.

" Yours? HA " He continued to laugh at me. " I will never- ever- be yours " He crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned back in his seat.

" I know you're skeptical about me and I'm not what you want in a relationship and I keep pressuring you to stay and talk to me but I could try to be bet- " I rambled, eventually getting cut off by my mate.

" I'm not gay, Liam " He said simply.

" I know- but- " I tried to come up with arguments to reason with him, that we didn't have to be anything more than friends and I just wanted him in my life one way or another- but he cut me off.

" There aren't any buts " He scoffed
" I will never want you "

" ...But I will always want you... " My voice cracked as I spoke " You're absolutely perfect " I said quietly.

" Did you ever take a second to think that maybe you aren't perfect, that I will never feel anything for you because you aren't good enough and that you never will be good enough. Not to mention the fact that you have a dick " He laughed, scoffing.

" I can't control that " I blinked

" Well- I don't like dick and you can't make me." I tried to think of a response. I did. But I just couldn't.
" Take me home, Liam " I bit my lip as I nodded, looking up at him to see the look of disgust.

" Ok " I stated, standing and walking to the door before putting my shoes on.

I tried to blink back the tears as I grabbed my keys from the side table and my coat that was hanging up.

I ignored the profanities he yelled as I walked out the door, leaving the two bowls of half eaten spaghetti that I would have to come back and clean up once I took him home.

I didn't bother to let the door close so it remained open for my mate who could easily walk through it now- without having to struggle to open it because he had crutches.

I waited there like a lovestruck teenage boy who finds someone that would say 2 words to him- and poof- he thinks they're his soulmate.

Except this time- the brown headed boy was my soulmate.

And he didn't want me.

In any way.

But I waited there so I could carry him down the steps.

I leaned against the banister and looked at the wooden floor boards of the porch and decided to tune out the world.

Eventually looking up to see him sitting on the floor, struggling to put his shoes on and looking at me like I was the Devil for not helping him.

But even if I wanted to, I couldn't bring myself to move from my spot.

When he got them on, he struggled to stand but eventually succeeded, walking to me with a glare.

" Are you gonna help me or are you too estúpido? " He grumbled.

" I'll always help you " I forced out, instructing him to lean his crutches against the banister and wrap his arms around my neck.

I bit the inside of my mouth when he wrapped his arms around my neck, leaning most of his body weight against me.

I grabbed his hips, my head dropping to my neck as I pulled him closer to me.

" I'm sorry "

He didn't answer at first, but I heard his heartbeat quicken.

" For what? " He scoffed " For forcing me to come here with you or for- "

" I'm sorry that I can't be what you want " I cut him off