12

Finely Floyd-

4 Months Later~

" Mom, I'm going out " I shifted in my seat on the couch once I heard Felix speak.

I rolled my eyes, turning back to the TV that was currently playing The Office.

" Oh... " I heard my mom answer " But I'm making dinner " She said softly

" I'll eat when I come back " He said in an obviously annoyed tone.

I bit my lip in order to not yell at my brother for treating my mom like garbage.

" Take Finely with you" She hummed

" What? " I commented, sitting up straight- turning around and watching the conversation between my brother and mom play out- ignoring the annoying voice of Jan in the background.

" What? Fuck no- "

" Watch your language! " My mom scolded, smacking my brother arm with a spatula- the cheese from the Mac and Cheese laying on his arm for a minute before being wiped off by my brother who had a disgusted expression on his face.

" That hurt! " My brother yelled.

" Good " She turned back to the stove, stirring the noodles. " Take him with you "

" Mama- " I tried to say, stopping myself when my mom turned to look at me.

" Fine- Can we take the car? " He grunted, walking to the door.

I watched as she nodded, sighing as I pulled myself up from my spot on the couch

I groaned when the pain flew through my leg, walking to the door nonetheless.

" Bye, Mama " I called out before walking through the door and down the steps.

I rolled my eyes when I saw Felix sitting in the drivers side of the car which was already turned on.

I wasn't exactly close to my brother, I used to be, but not anymore.

We haven't been close since I found out that he was talking badly about me to his friends, and that was the start of me being bullied.

It was the start of his friends calling me a freak because my brother told them them I was gay, and it didn't help that they were popular because others joined in, hoping to earn the approval of the most popular boys in school.

I stood at the bottom of the stairs and watched his movements- the windows were all rolled down and his left arm was sticking on the window, his right hand was drumming his fingers on the steering wheel impatiently.

" You better not embarrass me, it's already bad enough you have that fucking limp " He stuck his head out the window, his expression unrecognizable.

" What? " I clenched my fists as I walked closer to the car, standing not far away from Felix.

" It's embarrassing that you can't walk yet, like, what has it been? 6 or 7 months. "

It hasn't been that long has it?

" It's embarrassing that I'm probably going to have a limp for the rest of my life because I was protecting people so they wouldn't die? You are such a fucking jackass "

" First off- don't be dramatic. Second- you weren't protecting me so I don't give a flying fuck. You made the mistake of 'protecting' the idiots that can't fight for themselves. No one made you " He made air quotes around the word protecting, making me angrier.