The first meeting in a PUB???

ISHIKAA is a school teacher working in Hyderabad. She lives with two of her friends Rashmi and Bhavya in a triple-bedroom flat. Rashmi is already engaged to her long-time boyfriend Sudheer and going to get married in 15 days. Bhavya is going to get engaged to his childhood sweetheart Abhay, this week. Ishika believes in love after seeing her both best friends with their respective partners. But she never had any relationship in her life. She always thinks 'Maybe Universe wants me to be single.'

ISHIKA'S POV :

I'm sitting on my bed playing guitar and thinking what to do about this guy tonight

I'm sitting on my bed playing guitar and thinking what to do about this guy tonight. Don't think I'm a good guitar player. This is Sudheer's. Suddenly all four of my friends barged into my room without even knocking on the door. They started shooting questions as soon as they enter.

"What's wrong with you girl?", Rashmi asked.

"What the heck you are going to meet a guy?..... That to today?", Bhavya almost shouted.

"YES.YES.YES.", I replied calmly asking them to stop shouting so I can speak something. Maybe they understood, all of them are silent now.

"Ok. So, Dad called me an hour back and told me to meet this boy. His name is HARSH. He also told me that Mr.Harsh will text me in the evening and I must send him the location for the meeting. Apart from this, I don't know anything about him.", I tried to be calm but I'm sure my face is fully frustrated by the time I finished the sentence.

"Ok. You still have three hours before his message.", it is Sudheer now.

"Yeah. At least you got a chance to select the place. Tell me what do you want from him?", Rashmi asked.

"Are you kidding me?", I frowned a little and continued, "I want a NO from him."

"Are you sure?", Abhay made his eyes small and asked me.

Is he serious? Here I'm getting irritated by just the thought of marriage and he is asking me if I am sure. "Of course. I'm sure.", I replied confidently.

"Okay then. I have a plan. Select some negative vibed place. Portray your self little bad and then he will say No.", Bhavya gave me this fantastic idea. I was going to thank her but was interrupted by Abhay's words.

"Are you nuts?", Abhay snapped me out and continued, "What if he tell her parents about everything?".

Yeah. If this happens Mom will finish me. I didn't think of this possibility. But soon Bhavya responded with an equal voice.

"Nothing happens. Think positively. Let's plan this. And moreover, Uncle and Aunt believe Ishika more than that Harsh guy. Okay?"

I don't know why but Bhavya's words gave me a lot of confidence and I am ready to do whatever it takes to cancel this marriage. I am thinking about the place to meet him. 

"Yes. PUB is the best place. That too Frat House is even best.", I said with a victorious smile. It is our adda where we all spend our weekends most of the time. We even know the staff and bodyguards there. To frighten him it is the best option. 

"Yes.", Both my BFFs said in unison. Sudheer is also happy with the plan but Abhay is not okay as I can see some worry on his face. I chose to ignore him as not getting married was my first priority right now.

Soon it was 5:00 P.M. and I got a little tense after looking at the time. After long 2 minutes, I got a notification from an unknown number. 

'Hi.'

'I'm Harsh.'

'Please send me the location and we'll meet at like 8:00 P.M. if that's okay.'

WOWW. Please from a boy. nice. It's our first meet so he is definitely acting to be nice to me.

'Hello.'

'I'm Ishika.'

'What about Frat House?'

I didn't tell him it is a pub. Let's see if he knows it or not.

'I don't know many places as I come here once in a while. But if you want that place then it is fine with me.'

Ohh. so he is not from Hyderabad. Then he will be shocked to know what Frat House is.

'Okay. No issues. Let's meet there.'

He replied, 'Okay. Bye.'

'Bye.'

I went to the living room and told them everything and they are also very excited to meet him. Now the struggle starts. What to wear? How to get the makeup done? and every other problem on earth...

After long 2 hours of bickering, we all agreed skin tight blue jeans and a white plain T-Shirt, and a denim jacket. I only have nude lipstick and nothing else as I hate makeup. I tied my hair into a ponytail. I don't have long hair but it touches little below my neck when I tie a high pony. I'm neither skinny nor bubbly, neither dark nor fully fair. Every color suits me and every dress looks good on me. I consider myself lucky for that.

We started to the pub in two cars. I don't own a car. I only have a scooty. I am sitting in the backseat of Sudheer's car with him driving and Rashmi in the passenger seat. Bhavy and Abhay are coming in Abhay's car.

Let me introduce you to the Male protagonist of this story.

Harsh lives in Delhi. He took over his father's business as soon as he returned from abroad after completing his M.B.A. He is very hardworking and also came in the 30 under 30 list this year. But he always wanted to make his own identity. So he started a startup related to farming. Harsh has his childhood friend Arun in Hyderabad. They both meet often but mostly in Delhi. Harsh never thought of marriage as he was busy in his own life. He thought arranged marriages are better after seeing his parents. So he left everything to his parents.

His parents also waited for him to turn 26 and then started looking for suitable girls. It is his first meeting with any girl about marriage. He know her name and saw Ishika's picture which his mother sent. He liked the girl at the first look itself. He is a little nervous and is now walking rapidly around his room. 

"Yaar, Harsh. Stop it. You are panicking like a teen student who is having his final exams in a few minutes.", Arun entered and started teasing his friend which is his favorite activity. 

"Arun stop it. You know it's my first time.", Harsh said more like pleading with him.

"Don't worry. I'm here.", he patted Harsh and gave a warm smile.

Harsh's POV :

Arun is already married. He married his sister-in-law, Prathima. It is common in Telugu culture. They have both liked each other since their childhood. They are a very happy couple and Prathima is like a sister to me.

"So what's the address? It's almost 7:00 P.M. and we need to start.", I came out of my thoughts by Arun's question.

"Hmm. Some Frat House.", I told in a confused voice while showing him my chat with Ishika.

He saw and furrowed his eyebrows, "It is PUB in the Gachibowli area. Why did she ask you to come here for your first meeting?"

"Pub...???", I am confused. Why did she call me to a pub? That too in the first meeting. Our thoughts were disturbed by Arun's phone call. He took the phone call and I saw him. I don't know who is on the other side but Arun's face got tensed and frightened.

 He shouted, "WHAT? I'm coming right now." He said and put his phone back in his pocket. I asked him in a worried tone, "What happened?".